Horrible end to the weekend - Upsetting

xXxBonnyxXx

Reaction score
Appologies in advance - this isn't a nice story but I needed to get it all out.

Had a great day on saturday and decided on saturday night that I would buy a pushbike on sunday and bike ride to see my dad for fathers day,
Its a 30 mile round trip and we got there without a problem but coming home was absolutely knackering!!

So got home and opened the kitchen door to an absolute blood bath.

The dogs had had a serious fight. I have an English Bull Terrier and hubby has a Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

I had to phone my vet and get him to meet me at the surgery. My dog was in a pretty bad way. He said the usual lines of 'we don't stitch bite wounds' etc etc etc, I just told him straight that its bad. I used to work at his surgery on a saturday so he knew when I said that it was bad it really was.

Managed to wrap her in a towel and get her to the surgery without too much hassle,
He saw her and agreed that it was bad,

The amount of surgery she would have needed that night and the future complications made my decission for me,

I had my beloved baby sent to sleep.

She is now running free and without pain.

I held her while she was injected and she fell asleep in my arms,

I am so distraught today, last night I was ok, but today when I went into my kitchen and there was only one dog it really hit me,

Hubby is re homing his dog with a friend.
I can't bear to have her in the house knowing that she caused my dog to be put to sleep.

I feel so empty and horrible.

Aw sweetheart x x I can't imagine how you're feeling x x I love dogs but at the minute it's impracticle so we have my furry baby-my cat and I can't imagine having to do this x x big big big big hugs and lots of love for you x x x I don't blame you rehoming the staffy, I would do the exact same x x sorry you've had to go through this x x

Aw hun, i'm so so so sorry. I have a staffy and i would be devastated if that happened to me, your pets are your life.

Take care sweetheart, i'll be thinking of you xx

:hug::hug::hug: How horrible for you. Your dogs really become your babies dont they? xxx

Aww hunni, I have always had dogs since being a young girl - we have a Border Collie at the moment and my daughter adores him and vice versa. Such a lovely boy.

We had to have our Shetland Sheepdog put to sleep when I was 17, it broke my heart. He suffered with epilepsy and he was not responding to medication. He had been fitting for over 2 days and we decided it would be best to put him to sleep. I just wanted him to be out of pain. It was totally devastating...

oh no! :hug: I can't even imagine how you feel :( I have two dogs who thankfully never fight. At least your girl's safe and happy running about somewhere now :hug:

Thanks girls, I know deep down I did the right thing but it doesn't stop me feeling awful for what I have done to her,

Me and hubby have said now that we will not be getting any more dogs - and we definately will never have 2 together again.

I'm just hoping now that I can get PG quickly to give my mind something else to think about.

oh hun!!! i am so so sorry!!!
sending you big hugs!! x x x x

I'm so sorry to hear this! I have a staffy and as much as she annoys me i love her just as much!! Lots of huge hugs!! xxx

Thanks girls,

OMG I can't believe my Hubby.
He told me last night that one of his friends mums wanted to take the staff. Said no problem but wait until her small grazes have healed.
Then today he told me that His friend wants her - they already have 2 dogs.

Its obvious to me that she needs to be rehomed into a family/household without any other dogs or cats.
He seems to think that by me telling him this it is me telling him what he can and can't do.

I don't want his dog in my house, but at the same time I can't see her be put into a home that she won't be happy in - and that she may fight in again.

He just got really angry with me - so I told him to do what he wants but don't blame me if anything bad happens. I told him that I was getting him to see both sides of the picture but he didn't want to know.
Well sod him now - just get the dog out of my house so that I can grieve for my special loving baby girl who only ever stood up for herself.

I agree with you Hun. I would never put it with other dogs again. We used to look after the inlaws female staff when they went away and at first the 2 bitches got on ok, I always seperated them when we went to bed and went out but they had a scuffle over a piece of food one day and now I can't even let them be together cos they tend to fight over the smallest of things. They now keep her in the kennels when they go away. Staffs do tend to have dog agression tendancies and some are absolutely fine with other dogs but I think that once they've had an encounter like that then it clearly needs to be kept away from other dogs.

You've done all you can Hun.

Really sorry to hear this. If his friends dogs arent "fighting" breed dogs then they might be ok. English bull terriers and staffs are both part of the "fighting dogs" breeds so they would both have stood there ground and basically fight till the death, hence why they are used in dog fights.

My mum has 3 bitches all of mixed breeds and they all get on fine, unless theres a bone involved but even then they just warn eachother and its left at that. x

My staff is an absolute angel, she's soft as shit and that but since she's had a few scuffles with the inlaws dog she's changed round other dogs. She's more growly towards them when walking her and as soon as the neighbours jack Russell is out the back and barking she goes absolutely bonkers trying to climb the wall to get to him. Building another layer of brick has not worked because she's a determined bloody cow who is STILL managing to get her paws on top on the wall so we got to build another layer now!

I think if you know what caused the fight then maybe the new
owners can try and prevent it from happenig again. It's gonna be hard work for them but as long as they are fully prepared then all the best to them.

Doesn't sound wise to rehome with someone who has dogs like you say even though you want to rehome the dog you want it to be rehomed right. These people are adults though and assume they know whats happened ....hope they don't have kids *eek*

I'm sorry you lost your dog like this :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back