DOG BITE!

Jadie

Reaction score
Last week my OH told me of a new guy at his work who has a doberman dog and it was really strong and chased the cows.....( i know the name but can pictire what the dog looks like) well now the dog was bitten the guy on the face and needs surgery!

dogs!

jade

are they classed as a dangerous breed?

nope but they are in general nasty dogs i wont go near them
manda x

manda224 said:
manda x

They are not 'in general nasty dogs' most dobies i have met have been dogs with no brains, eger to please and completely soppy-

Again dogs need to be trained properly i dont want to get in to an arguement about dogs again - but all dogs are dangerous if not trained properly or are in inexperience hands.

Dobermans are not on the dangerour dogs register

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/petplanet/br ... ermann.htm

i was just saying from what i have exsperianced every dobbie i have met has been nasty and visous to the point of me reporting them to the rspca i have yet to met a nice one im more then happy to retract what i said if i met a nice one but i cant see that happining
manda x

Hypnorm said:
manda224 said:
manda x

They are not 'in general nasty dogs' most dobies i have met have been dogs with no brains, eger to please and completely soppy-

Again dogs need to be trained properly i dont want to get in to an arguement about dogs again - but all dogs are dangerous if not trained properly or are in inexperience hands.

Dobermans are not on the dangerour dogs register

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/petplanet/br ... ermann.htm
exactly the worst breed i have ever met for nasty is poodles to be honest
the media create a new bad breed every two weeks. I have met some lovely bull terriers, rotties and dobs. never met a nice poodle though.
It's the owners that need to be taught how to look after these dogs.

i have to agree on the poodle thing aswell
dogs that i find lovely staffs rotties bulldogs great danes but that i mean ive never met a nasty one but again some people can say rotties are all evil its one persons opion
manda x

God bit the guy on the face, im taking it the guy must have been at floor level, they never say what provoked the dog, but when young men have a large breed they tend to get on the floor and play fight it, maybe the dog was antagonised? Its also a workin dog for cows so taking a bite at moving things that confront it summit this dog may be used to. I dont understand why people take working dogs into their homes like that, ive known a few dobbies in my time they tend to be more gobby than nasty, but i think Lhasa apsos are quite nasty, LOL XkelX

I had a doberman and she was the most loving loyal little dog ever i wouldnt hesitate getting another one if i didnt have Alfie not because they are dangerous but because i wouldnt have ANY dog

I had a beautiful dobie called Kali, she was batty and silly but NEVER viscious lol, she was so loyal and happy, the best temperament in a dog ive ever know, in fact she was clever in the sense that she was easy to train and im sure she knew when she was being talked about, she understood a lot of what was said to her - but she was so unbelievably clumsy and scatty lol

She died in her sleep of natural causes at the grand old age of 15. I miss my Kali :cry:

dogs are like people... they are how they are mainly on how they are trained.. and if even u train them well as with humans.. you never know what might happen!

actually...i think humans are much more dangerous!

peace xxx

Any dog can be dangerous if not trained properly or neglected. I have a rotti and he is the softest dog i've ever known. Everyone always coments on how good he is.

Defo agree on the poodle thing, every one i've met is evil. :x

Poor guy ! All dogs can turn- sadly the damage is worse when it's a large breed. I have been very involved in dog rescue and have two v large (french mastiff -like 'hooch' x ridgeback) dogs, you can never trust any large animal 100%, you can only ever learn to understand the way their minds work and try to see the world from their perspective, with dogs that means that the strangest things can make them 'attack'. Don't mean to be harsh but if the dog was being allowed to chase cows then imho the guy didn't have the right level of experience to have a doberman. :shock:

its the way they are trained to how they become ffs they are not generally nasty.....why cant people just realise a dog is made how it is by the owners!

I would not have any dog now either. When we were little we had them but I dont trust them. i dont have the strenght to train it. (does that make sense?)

jade

I just posted about the attack as I wondered waht a doberman dog was!

Jade you make the point perfectly,,,it's about knowing what dog, if any you can handle ! I can handle mine but then I deal with 1/2 ton of horse on the end of a piece of rope, because I wanted to learn to..it's a big choice to do that and most right-minded peeps wouldn't want to :)
My best mate is petrified of big dogs (she's a smart A&E doctor and deals with stuff I wouldn't want to ) she stayed with me over the w/end and was found at 3am on the sofa after several glasses of wine curled up next to my great big brute of a dog and she loved it :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back