home birth story - Birth of Rachael Louise

budge

Reaction score
well
Tuesday when i was 7 days overdue i went for a long walk with my friend to the woods. We took our children and walked at a pretty good pace. I was tired but i thought i have to do it to see if it gets the baby to come out :lol:
I got home and my friend said ''i wonder how long it will be before you have the baby now then'' we both laughed and joked illstill be here this time next week no doubt.
That night me and hubby had rumpy pumpy and it felt really not good so i made him stop but he was passed the point of no return and so he finished the job off (TMI :oops: ). After that i went to sleep but was woken by bad crampy pains at 2am. I tried to get back to sleep but i couldn't so i went to the loo and as i wiped i spotted blood - fresh red blood. I panicked of course and inisited i needed to go hospital to be checked out.
We went and i was examined and found that all was ok. i was still 3cm dilated as i had been since i was first examined at term. But apparantly a woman who has had more than one baby can be 3 am dilated really early on in pregnancy so it didn't have any relevance. I was sent home for my home birth. I felt better knowing the blood meant nothing. It was a heavy show that was all.
Got home and got the kids ready for going to Nanas for the day as i knew bubba would probably come that day.
It was my normal midwifes day off that day but she had told me that she wanted to deliver my baby so i gave her a ring and she came out to see me. I didn't need anything at this stage so she said she'd go home and do some baking with her kids then return when i called her.
I poddled on all day doing bits and bobs around the house. My contractions weren't regular at all but when they came i knew about it :talkhand: and they got stronger each time. I called the midwife again and she came aorund to see me bringing a second male midwife with her. This was at 5pm. I started taking gas and air at around 6pm and the rest is a bit of a blur for me but i know it was terribly painful this time round and i struggled to cope at the end. She was a big baby and took some pushing out. But at 7.27pm a beautiful baby was born weighing a wopping 10Ib 1 and half oz.
She was a bit floppy when she was born as she had the cord wrappped around her neck and shoulder but she soon perked up and let out a little cry.
The midwives cleaned up the room and finished their note taking and left me and hubby and babt on the settee all snuggled up together.
My parents came in to peep at their new grandaugher and my other little women came to look at their new sister. Then my brother turned up andh ad a hold. It was just so lovely.
I kept thinking iif that was hospital then id be all alone in a bed in a room full of strangers.

The other good thing is that i have all my notes here and ive read them. It tell me what happened all the way through my labour. It was a good thing becasue i think there is a void sometimes and you cannot really remember what happened. But i can fill that void now andi know exactly when the head was delivered etc. And thats reallly special too.
100_2875.jpg

Aww that is a lovely story hun except the cord bit
I bet it was so lovely to be snuggled up in your own house

Any names yet for baby budge?? :hug:

aaaaaarw budge, well done hun!!

ur homebirth sounds lovely, i agree much better than a room full of strangers!!

so happy that uv got ur little lady out and are enjoying her, more piccies please!!

big hugs for u both :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's a lovely birth sory Budge!

How nice it must be to do it at home :hug:

sounds great - i'm thinking of a home birth for kid no.2 when i happens. as i hate hospitals.

that sounds lovely.

ild love a home birth next time now i think

well done hun you sound like you done great :D

sounds great hun, im hopeing for a home birth this time!!!

congratulations hun!!!

awww that is loverly hun
Congratulations on Racheal its a loverly name :d

Many congratulations budge on your new little princess, she is absolutely gorgeous, well done that woman :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxxxxxx

CONGRATS Budge, and welcome Rachael - glad you got your home birth and your family is now complete :hug:

Good to have you back Budge - well done on coping so well at home, glad it was all you hoped it would be. Love the name you have chosen, that's my niece's name (spelt the same) and she's an angel!!

bless im glad you had her i like the name too take care hunxxxxxxxx

That't a great story Budge - apart from the cord bit - must have been a worry but glad she soon perked up. Am hoping for home birth this time, so your story gives me a bit of confidence!

Well done to you

LBxx

the cord bit wasn't a problem and i only found out about it when i rea my notes and it said in those.
I think its pretty common particularly in bigger babies.

It was a super duper experience and if i ever had anymore babies id definately have them at home - every woman should experience it. :hug:

glad you had such a positive experience hun,and you know i think she's gorgeous :hug: xx

:dance:Awww Budge that sounds great,at home with people you know - what a great story.You did great woman!! :dance:

Brilliant birth story Budge.

Im not suprised you struggled at the end as she was a fairly big baby!!

Home birth sounds lovely. Il be having my first in hozzy as im quite nervous but 2nd time round maybe il give it a bash!

Welcome baby Rachael and well done mummy Rachael xxx

Glad all is ok, and what a lovely name, i also have a Rachael! And Budge, you've seriously mad me think about having a home birth!

awww what a lovely birth story budge :D glad it all went so well for you xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back