Holidays

Nicola

Reaction score
If you were going away with a 6 month old baby, what exactly would you take? Are things like disposable bibs better than taking normal ones? What's really necessary? What can be left at home? Any hints/tips appreciated.

ETA: Were off to India for 14 nights so no chance of 'normal' UK standard facilities!! :?

i would take:
disposable bibs,
plenty of clothes,
microwaveable sterilising bags,
bottles,
plenty of nappies etc,
baby medcines/suncream,
things for baby to play with,
travel cot, pram/buggy

Cant think of anything else at the moment, will add if i think of anything else

Hi Nicola,

I've been dying for an excuse to buy one of these - it's down from £50 to £6!

They look pretty cool, but obviously not having a baby yet, I'm not sure how good or how much use it would be!

Jill x

I's also get an insect net that you can use on the buggy and travel cot, you can get them in Boots for 4.99 :D

Thanks for the advice ladies, I've started stocking up on things like an insect free travel cot, insect nets for the pram, sun lotion (made for young babies although I do intend on keeping him out of the sun) and OMG Valentine I love those swim carriers...DH will be home any second, I've saved the website....fingers crossed I can order one! Yay...will let you know!! Also ordered UV swimwear, hats and even UV beach shoes - I suppose little feet burn just as easily as little faces, arms, legs etc!!! Awww everything is so cute, wish I was a millionnaire I'd buy heaps more!! :D

valentine said:
Hi Nicola,

Awww DH seems to think I have a normal carrier for walking around (as well as my pram and pushchairs) and seems to think I don't need another carrier for swimming as I'd be holding him in the water and hardly likely to drop him. I see his point I suppose, not like it's to aid my swimming keeping him dry on my back or something...ahh well, off to hunt down something else I don't 'need' now!! :roll:

Nicola said:
valentine said:
Hi Nicola,

Awww DH seems to think I have a normal carrier for walking around (as well as my pram and pushchairs) and seems to think I don't need another carrier for swimming as I'd be holding him in the water and hardly likely to drop him. I see his point I suppose, not like it's to aid my swimming keeping him dry on my back or something...ahh well, off to hunt down something else I don't 'need' now!! :roll:

What a spoilsport! Oh well it's only £6 so if you are ordering anything else from Kiddicare, just slip in in the online basket - if he's anything like my OH, he won't even notice! Plenty of time yet til your holiday yet, I guess!

I'm not even planning a holiday and I want to buy one!

Valentine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back