Ho do you cope with overnight stays from home and bottles?

Water_Melon

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am mainly breastfeeding but have started giving my little one a bottle of formula at bed time and when we are out and about.

My worry is we're staying at a hotel over night for my sisters wedding next week so how on earth am I going to sterlise the bottles in the hotel room? I need a microwave for that... and I doubt the room will have a kettle either to make the bottle

How does everyone else do it? :oooo:

I always use a microwave steriliser but you could use Milton sterilising fluid, I haven't used it but have got some for when we are not at home xx

You can cold water sterilise with Milton but technically breast milk bottles don't need to be sterilised, as long as u wash them with hot soapy water

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

You can get ready to use bottles of formula if that would help x

You can buy disposable ready sterilised tommee tippee bottles from boots. They are only a few quid.

When I stayed away we took Milton tablets and cold water sterilised in the sink.

Really breastfeeding bottles don't need to be sterilised, how come?xx

I had no idea that Tommee Tippee did ready to use bottles. That'll be perfect. All I need now is a kettle in the hotel... I'll have to find that out.

Thank you :) x

Really breastfeeding bottles don't need to be sterilised, how come?xx

I'm not sure what the science behind it is - but this is what I was told, and I'm sure I've read it somewhere too.

My reply is really of no use to you though, sorry :lol:

No worries, just something I never knew, will have to google it!

I am staying away next weekend too and breastfeed but use formula for the last feed at night as he sleeps longer and have bought cow & gate ready to feed. It comes with bottles & teats that you screw on to the bottle then just throw them away.

Most hotel rooms have a kettle, ring and ask. If not I am sure they would give you one or have you got a travel steriliser??

Also, all milk brands do these bottles with teats kits xxx

OK so got the answer .. it was my SIL that told me about the breast milk bottles not needing sterilised.

Apparently its because formula has bacteria in it and breast milk doesn't

I still sterilise my bottles though as I'm paranoid lol!

Formula has lots of bacteria in it that grows and grows over time, hence why bottles shouldn't be made too far in advance. Breast milk doesn't contain bacteria and can be kept for a lot longer at room temp x

I've never stayed in a hotel room that doesn't have a kettle. Maybe give them a call to double check?

OK so got the answer .. it was my SIL that told me about the breast milk bottles not needing sterilised.

Apparently its because formula has bacteria in it and breast milk doesn't

I still sterilise my bottles though as I'm paranoid lol!

It is also as the powder/liquid tends to cling to the bottles in the bits that aren't easy to get to, BM is sterile but also has its own antibodies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back