high risk pregnancy's

pregpixie76

Reaction score
im classed as a high risk pregnancy because i have asthma and high blood pressure, just wondering if there are other people who have health conditions where they will be monitored more closely.
im finding it tough at times to get my head round being preg with so many health conditions ( ive got a whole list )..... i guess i want to feel like its worth the added stress as i get freaked out about my bp rising and the possibility of pre-eclampsia.
i had to have my blood pressure med switched to a safer one and meds taken away or changed.
i try to remind myself many women in high risk have healthy babies as well as older women, junkies and alkies but i guess when its your body going through it its a little harder to cope with.
hoping im not alone in this cause i feel that way sometimes.

I was under consultant led care with my first for poly hymdramnios (excess fluid). They really do look after you and LO so so well. They do everything they can to ensure that baby gets here safely, that is their main priority, Honestly, how bad the nhs can be I was shocked at how well I was looked after and they really cared too. You will be really looked after hun xxxx

thanks for the reassurance .my dr and midwife have already explained ill have consultant care between the 2 hospitals and ive heard an epidural tends to lower bp in labor so ill be opting for that unless they want to do a c section.its early days in my preg i go for another scan on thurs i should be 6-7 weeks then and hopefully my new bp med is controlling my bp.

I asked this a while ago :)

I have diabetes and am classed as a high risk too, as I had a section with my first. So they are treating me with more care this time. I am on asprin for that pre-eclampsia so I am worried alittle about that too x

Nice to meet you x

I was classed as 'high risk' in my last pregnancy, due to a blood clot in my leg. My consultant was not available the day I went in for my ultra-sound and so I ended up seeing a stand in consultant who issued me with double the recommended dose of a blood thinner to be taken twice a day. When my little girl was found to be dead I researched this a found out about the higher than recommended dose and that I should have only had it once a day to give the blood a chance to do its thing.

They will try and make me be consultant led again but I intend on telling them where to shove there drugs and their consultants.

my OH read last night that they give asprin now for P.E and he was reading on another site about high risk and high bp and most women generally said thier care was excellent and the birth went smoothly.i know i shouldnt assume i'll get P.E just because i have high bp.i didnt have it with my 2 boys so fingers crossed it wont happen.i cant take asprin so thats not an option.my biggest issue right now is how to stop smoking.i've read some of your posts and see u have diabetes so fingers crossed for u that it doesnt cause any issues.xx

I was classed as 'high risk' in my last pregnancy, due to a blood clot in my leg. My consultant was not available the day I went in for my ultra-sound and so I ended up seeing a stand in consultant who issued me with double the recommended dose of a blood thinner to be taken twice a day. When my little girl was found to be dead I researched this a found out about the higher than recommended dose and that I should have only had it once a day to give the blood a chance to do its thing.

They will try and make me be consultant led again but I intend on telling them where to shove there drugs and their consultants.

im so sorry that u had to go through that,u would think with blood thinners they would take extra care especially in pregnancy and im so sorry this wasnt the case for u.from experience of being left to hemorrhage because i gave birth in a non consultant lead hosp ,i think personally id feel better with extra care.the maternity ward in that hosp was shut down due to their appalling lack of care and i wont be letting them inject me in the leg untill after ive delivered the placenta ( cause i have a feeling thats what caused the bleed as the second time i gave birth i got the injection after i delivered the placenta and had no problems.i have my fingers crossed for u that u carry a healthy baby all the way to term

my mate had high bp, something with her thyroid, asthma and group strep b plus sever mc before conceiving her 2nd

she had consultations almost every week and loads of scans

now has a healthy 3 monthold

I didnt mean to scare anyone, i just only wish i had been more wary of my 'extra care' because i would have checked up and not taken those bloody injections

im high risk too.

frequent UTIs, and now strep B, also other shiz.

i have seen the MW once for my booking in appointment, but so far, no one else.
is this because its still early? idk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back