High pulse and a bit short of breath

MelissaLindley

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a high pulse, especially when just doing a simple thing like walking?

Im 11 weeks and resting it's around 100 but as soon as i get up and do anything i feel like it's beating out my chest and it shoots up to 120 ish.

I went to A+E the other night and my ecg and bloods are fine (my main concern was a PE but my d dimers are normal)
I have read everywhere that an increased pulse is normal but i guess with the shortness of breath it's frightend me a bit :S

I also have started getting banging headaches and a bit of dizziness, it's my first pregnancy so im not sure whats normal.

x

It's weird you should mention this because I had similar last night sitting on my bed, my heart rate just totally went out of control and I got a bit breathless, I looked up about palpatations and apparently they are common in pregnancy? xxx

I had both these and midwife was very reassuring. Apparently blood volume increases by 50% when pregnant and this is one of the causes, also the placenta is quite greedy and likes a lot of nutrients supplied by the blood so heart rate can increase to cope with this demand. My husband was so worried one day when he felt how fast my resting rate was so I had to direct him to our pregnancy book so he didn't think I was having a heart attack!! You get used to the breathlessness after a while as well. If in doubt ring the midwife or see your GP. xxx

I posted and googled about this the other day too

Does seem normal enough i think, My resting HB was 97 and get higher if i do anything also out of breath all the time but MW didnt have a problem with it

I do have a murmur and get chest pains and she just said if it got very bad or if i was overly worried to just go see gp or hospital but think after all the similar posts on here and found on google that its all part of the course

I got quite dizzy in the early days too due to low BP

i was admitted with a puse of 140 and shortness f breath it was caused by my irn eves dropping to around 9.9 then again to 9.2

i was give iron tabets t take 3 times a day for a month, pus ofr some reason b12 injections for a month too

id speak to your gp and ask about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back