High potassium?

Rachel

Reaction score
Yesterday I had to take Kieran for a blood test because he still has jaundice. The first blood test he had showed the jaundice leavles were not high enough to cause concern but they done a couple of other blood tests before we went to see what could be causing the jaundice to stay for so long.

Anyway, today I got a message off the doctor asking me to phone them back which I did and they told me all the tests come back normal and just put his jaundice down to being breastfed and that it should fade. He said that one of the tests showed high potassium levels in his blood and could I come back in to have a repeat blood test on him as they were worried about it and wanted to repeat it because sometimes it can look like it's high but it's because of the way the blood was taken or something. I've just got home after taking him there for the repeat test.

He said that he thinks something went wrong when testing the blood as if the levels were actually high then he would be very poorly??? Didn't make me feel that better that tbh :|

Anyone know anything about this and what can cause it? Don't want to google because whenever I've googled medical things I've always ended up worrying myself more :wall:

Doc says I might get the results in a couple of hours or might take until tomorrow :wall:

How was his level on the re test? xx

Your doctor is right, if his potassium was high he would be poorly and as he is fine you really have nothing to worry about. I know that won't stop you worrying. I hope you get the results soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back