any babies with very early jaundice, high levels?

beanster

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone had babies that had high levels of jaundice early on that needed treatment and follow ups? Holly had it cos of abo blood incompatibility and needed a blood transfusion after a day followed by light therapy. She now has to have check ups incase of physical or developmental delay. We've got a physio appt soon and i've no idea what to expect

Hey chick,
My lo had to have several sessions of light therapy whilst we were in hospital. He was in and out of the lights every other day for around a week. We were in hosp for over 2 weeks after he was born and they continually did the heal prick to check for jaundice. Hence him being fine, then not fine, then fine. We have had three follow up appointments due to him being prem, but they didnt mention jaundice. xxx Hope your appt goes well, soz i cant be any more helpful xxxxxx

My Noah had high levels of Jaundice when he was born, almost at transfusion level. We spent 8 days in hospital with him. He went down to SCBU for phototherapy, then came back upto my room on the ward and we found it had rebounded so he needed more treatment. Once his body kept the levels down itself they let us come home, but we have a follow up appointment in 2 weeks just to make sure he's ok :)

Last edited:
M was almost at transfusion level :( she has 4 sessions of phototherapy with a drip she had to have loads of blood tests she was 4 months old and as she had had a high reading still at 2 months she had to have another blood test :( she was fine just needed lots of sunlight and milk xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

My last two babies needed phototheraphy from day two till we left hosp 7 days and 4 days with last one.
Mine was due to anti E blood antibodies in my blood from a bleed when preg with my number 2 baby before these two, it caused more probs with the 3rd baby and less with Devon (4th baby). I had the lights in my room to stop people waking up with the bright lights. We had folic acid drops for 6 weeks wikth my daughter and my son was ok, his levels kept going back up after the day off lights but they only let us home when I burst into tears, and went back in fokr checkups, it did start going at about 4- 6 weeks old, (once he was drinking lots to flush it out) but he had a lovely colour - hes more pasty white now! (It doesn't help having winter babies - with no sunshine)!

Hope all goes well with baby

Last edited:
Can't really help with appointments etc but just to let you know that I had a transfusion at birth due to abo and also then got severe jaundice. Was absolutely fine very quickly and no long term effects x

Thanks girls. Just getting a bit worked up about follow ups i think. Holly had 2 blood tests in sept and oct and her bilireuben levels were fine. Had a consultants appt in dec. We were expecting another blood test and quick appt and discharge. Instead we were there nearly 2 hours while they checked all her milestones so far and physio checked her over. Now have physio appt in 2 weeks and another consultants appt in 2 months. They said they had no concerns but i'm worrying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back