High 5.3 NT scan, 28 years old, first pregnancy, help I can’t cope

Magmom

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for some support. Until the dating scan everything was perfect, I was over the moon knowing that my dream has come true and I am finally pregnant!!! I was so worried on the dating scan and my husband was telling me- don’t worry everything will be ok!! But I was so nervous... And then the sonographer started, she was quiet, my husband saw the baby and his eyes were smiling and saying ‘see? Look there it is!’ But the sonographer took my hand and said unfortunatelly yiur NT measured 5.3 and it puts you into high risk, another doctor came and checked the picture of the fluid, she started talking to us, I asked her does it mean it’s 100% something wrong with the baby? She said ‘YES’... If you could see my husbands eyes, his smile changed, I started crying, he tried to look strong and hold me, but later he said that for a second he blacked out and couldn’t believe it has happened...
It has been 4 days, I am waiting for the blood results which probably mean nothing against these hight NT measurments... but still, I need hope, and the doctor didn’t give it to me, looks like according to her we should terminate the pregnancy... help please, I am dying inside.

Does anyone have success stories?

Last edited:
I can’t believe the doctor has categorically told you something is wrong with the baby without doing any diagnostic tests first...the NT measurement being high is not a diagnosis of anything it is an indicator of certain conditions.... when the blood results come back they combine them with the NT measurement to give you a likelihood of baby having a chromosome disorder, you can then opt for further testing if you wish, such as a cvs or amniocentesis which are diagnostic tests, the doctor clearly hasn’t explained the process to you at all

I know it must be extremely stressful but all you can do for now is wait for your blood tests to come back, one of the mums in our April mums group got a high NT measurement of around 5 I think, but once the bloods come back the chance went to 1 in 100, and the cvs showed the baby didn’t have a chromosome disorder, I’ve also known other women getting a high NT reading and there being absolutely nothing wrong with the baby! Good luck Hun try not to panic xx

It is malpractice for that doctor to tell you there is definitely something wrong with your baby. A high NT measurement is not enough to diagnose anything, let alone have any level of certainty whatsoever that there is an abnormality. I hope you get definitive answers soon - and never ever have to see that doctor again.

There was a woman on here a while back who's baby had an NT measurement of 6 point something. She did the harmony test and all came back fine with her baby. It absolutely doesn't mean there's something wrong. Stay positive x

Definately wait until the bloods come back, that person should not have told you there was something wrong. It could be likely but also unlikely.
We were put high risk this time last year. X

Hello, I am looking for some support. Until the dating scan everything was perfect, I was over the moon knowing that my dream has come true and I am finally pregnant!!! I was so worried on the dating scan and my husband was telling me- don’t worry everything will be ok!! But I was so nervous... And then the sonographer started, she was quiet, my husband saw the baby and his eyes were smiling and saying ‘see? Look there it is!’ But the sonographer took my hand and said unfortunatelly yiur NT measured 5.3 and it puts you into high risk, another doctor came and checked the picture of the fluid, she started talking to us, I asked her does it mean it’s 100% something wrong with the baby? She said ‘YES’... If you could see my husbands eyes, his smile changed, I started crying, he tried to look strong and hold me, but later he said that for a second he blacked out and couldn’t believe it has happened...
It has been 4 days, I am waiting for the blood results which probably mean nothing against these hight NT measurments... but still, I need hope, and the doctor didn’t give it to me, looks like according to her we should terminate the pregnancy... help please, I am dying inside.

Does anyone have success stories?
Hi I know it's been a while, but what happened with your blood test results? Are you okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back