hi need some advice please

emylou

Reaction score
is there anything to make a c section heal faster its still weepy after nearly 8 weeks...its not infected ive been told its healing form the inside out...its going to take longer to heal. ive got to be a bridesmaid in a few months and neesd to try and get into somesort of shape...

it has taken mine 6 months so don't hold your breath lol

Sorry sweetie but its going to heal at its own pace. Im afraid you will need to go with it for now and dont over do it. I got a op which resulted in a scar the size of a csection scar 5 weeks before my wedding and my scar was weeping the day before so I went to the nurse and she gave me something to cover it with.

If I had known I would need a c section for my pregnancies I would have asked them just to put in a zipper :lol:

did you have the same problem with the healing?

When I had the c section it wasnt as bad as when the scar was opened the first time. It took longer the first time than the 6 weeks they recommended. Im sure they gave me some sort of talc, like the one that they used to put on the babys cord / bellybutton.

When they opened up the scar again I think it healed quicker but then I was too busy really to notice and my fat tummy was hiding it.

hi

its been 9 weeks for me and im still sore the last time it was bleeding was 2 weeks ago so i think itll take longer for me as well.
i know how you feel mine still hurts when i do lots too.
katrina

Mine seemed to take longer this time as my luverly overhang was keeping it moist. I went back into normal knickers instead of big knickers so the waistband could lie on the scar to dry it out without a dressing. I'm not sure I could have done it after my previous sections, but this time my whole tummy is compltely numb so it didn't hurt.

Laura, did you get both scars in the same place? They've given me a patchwork pattern - one to either side at wonky angles for the first two, and one right the way across for Alex - looks like they were doing a dot-to-dot. A zipper sounds good - we could have had home births.

Ten weeks on, and having had an infection, the scar is closed but fairly red still and bruised around one end. It still hurts away inside when I do a lot, and sometimes I get sharp stabbing pains around the end that was infected. It also itches like crazy if I wear knickers that lie over it.

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back