recovery after section???

rach

Reaction score
hi everyone can anyone tell me how long it took to recover from a section please? i was doing quite well in hospital and first 2 days at home but now my wound is weeping and sore although they say its not infected :( and im feeling like ive taken a step back in my recovery its making me feel really depressed being in pain all the time how long is this going to go on for?????
im so pleased to be home with my new baby and all this is really spoiling everything :(
any advice would be appreciated xxxxxxxxxx

Hi every one has different experiences after a section
I found it really hard to walk for the first month and was in constant pain from my scar.
I really felt i wasnt ever going to be the same as i couldnt get into a car or turn in bed without it pulling inside me.
It took me 2 months to recover but all i can advise is take it easy, forget about your housework as i tried to do much and ended up getting really depressed as i was in so much pain and yet other women seem to be fine after a week

it took me 2 months as well before the scar stopped hurting having said that sometimes when I twist or lift something I can still feel a pulling pain....

I found nights were the worst and I had big problems sleeping which I am sure didn't help my recovery

The best thing I ever did was to have a salt bath every night.. Aldi sells 1kg of salt for 25p :shock: and I put in half a box at every bath :shock: this stopped me from getting a bad infection. I stopped doing it for 3 days and got a slight infection so started them again and it went.... I was so glad becasue I didn't want to go on antibiotics.....

Good luck and take care - don't rush into things........

just spend as much time as you can in bed or on the sofa cuddling your baby but make sure you get up and walk every now and again, even if its just to the kettle and back!! it took me about a month til i could walk any where without it 'hurting' although i think i still felt it, if that makes sense.
heres some hugs!! :hug: :hug: it will get better!!

thanks everyone think im expecting too much too soon its only been a week :( hopefully it will improve every day :pray: xxxxxxx

i was really lucky n felt alot better by a week later

i found that baths halped bucketloads

it does get better hun xxxx

Hi it took me 3 weeks to actually feel better and start doing things..

Even now after nearly 2 yrs the area is still sore and tender and numb...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back