need advice asap

amy

Reaction score
can anyone give me some advice please my 8 month old has a really bad cold, no medicine is really helping her (calpol) she has alot of mucas on her chest, she sometimes clutches her head which indicates to me as a headache :( she has a very snotty nose, in the day she seems to be getting better, its the evening and night, ive had no sleep for 2 nights as she just cant sleep bless her, can anyone advise me if poss if you have any tips or advice that could help her sleep more easily, asap as its her bedtime very soon. :pray: shes also been sick alot!!!! :think:

Put a folded towel under the top of her matress to elevate her head. Hope this helps x

raised her mattress still no luck, shes soooooooo tired bless her she just cant have a good sleep, thank you for replying beanie xx

B is exactly the same hunni all the same symptoms but he has got his 3rd tooth in 2 days coming thro

:shock: thats really strange as libby has cut 2 teeth but i looked inside her mouth and she looks like she is going to have ALL her teeth by tomoz. obviously she wont but they look like they are all coming through at once could explain a few things. its really hard isn't it as you just dont know what to do for the best, and its horrible to see them in such agony and discomfort, hope b gets better soon xx

i got all emotional and sed to my mum and she sed alot of babies get colds wen there teeting poor mites!!

I am using some vapour rub i put on Thomas' chest, that is the only thing thsat helps him. He has a runny nose, a chest cough. i rub it on his chest and back, morning and evenings and it helps him.

ive been using that as well, i find it great, but does not seem to be clearing libbys nose and chest shes asleep at last, raised the mattress a little higher do you think thats ok?? please please hope she sleeps through the night. :pray:

i shall pary with u hun :pray: :pray:

B has been in bed since 7.30 so it aint looking helpful lol

have you tryed kalpol putting that on a tissue or fannell, and putting it some where they can't reach it in their cot, i wouldn't put it on their clothes cos it stanes

WELL SHE GOT UP ABOUT 4 TIMES WHICH IS BETTER THAN PREVIOUS NIGHTS, GOD IM SHATTERED, HOWS B??? just realised ive just wrote this in capitals :wall: have to do a half hour walk now to drop eldest off at school, when will we rest :(

Hiya

You could try putting a wet towel over the radiator to get some humidity into the air which can loosen the mucus (if your radiators are off then boil you kettle in there a few times before bedtime.)

If she is really tired and the raised mattress doesn't help I would consider letting her sleep in her bouncy chair for a night (if she has one) I've done this with Body when he was all bunged up it really helped)

Also I have a nasal pipette to suck the snot out :lol:

thanks will try the radiator thing, i thought id get a kip earlier on as libby had rough night she fell asleep coming home from the school got in laid on the bed and she woke up, 10 minutes sleep she had!!!!! :wall: she just wont have a nap. shes really fighting it. im that tired went to docs to make an appointment and i couldn't remember my bloomin name, wasn't with it at all. :oops: really at crisis point now. :(

wen i finally got to bed at 3.30 :twisted: it was ok till he got me up at 6.30 :twisted: but he coughed the whole time bless him!!

and then i had to work 6 hours so tired!!! and shows no sign of wanting his bed

oh no bless you, libby went docs yesterday afternoon, she has ear infection, chest infection, and raised temperature...... another bad night, in total she had 20 minutes sleep yesterday so i thought shes got to sleep last night, nope...... hope B is getting better, xx

I've had the same problem with Oscar all week. I'm not well either and my body is crying out for 5 minutes rest!!!

Everytime Oscar falls asleep, I either have to go and do something for the other 2 kids, or Oscar wakes up 5 mins later. :doh:
I've tried several things as suggested in other posts - it eases things, but a cold will go when it's ready!

Amy, has your little baby been prescribed antibiotics for the ear-infection?

I hope she gets better soon!
Emilia xx

i thought B had an ear infection as he kept touching his ear and looking at me but he has stopped doing that now!

B has now been mucas sick 3 times and i dont mean a lil i mean a big bit one hit the other side the kitchen and we have a medium sized kitchen but he still has his bubbly cough
i have asthma and wodering if there is a chance i could have given it to him :cry: as wen i suffer with my asthma i get the chesty cough etc
my mum works with our GP ( he is the doc for the nursing home i work at) andhe goes in every tues n thurs so she is gonna tlk to him about it today

Sarah... I don't know if Asthma is genetic, but I know that a baby's chances of getting it, are increased if he/she grows up in a home where people smoke.

If you or anyone else does, keep Braydon away from it until he has recovered. It certainly won't be helping him - especially if you have Asthma already.

Hope B feels better soon!
Emilia xx

i dont smoke emelia but my mum and dad do and they smoke out side since the moment we found out i was PG they have to go out no matter wot the whether

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back