hi everyone - find out sex or not?

libby

Reaction score
hi - posted in tri 1 a few times but not here so just wanted to say hi and hope to be on a bit more regularly now. I'm due on 14th December and have my next scan on Friday. Exciting! Not sure whether to find out the sex or have a surprise, what did other people do?? Libby

We're not going to find out until the birth. First i really wanted to, but the bloke convinced me not to, and now I'm really happy with that. It's like running around with a christmas present for 9 months, knowing where it is, but not what. I love the suspense

Hi Libby,

I'm due on the 13th Dec and I have my scan on Friday. :)

I would like to find out the sex but they main thing that worries me is 'what if the get it wrong?'. For that reason alone I'm undecided. :?

I found out with my 1st I REALLY wanted a boy... I dont know why. So I wanted to know if it was a boy or if I was going to have to adjust to having a girl - as im not much of a girly person.

When number 2 is on the way I dont think I will find out - I want a girl next, and If it was id love to know before as there are so many nice girly things, BUT I dont need to know, so im going to leave it - TEAM GREEN lol.

I found out. So, up to you!!

hi im due on the 14th of december too, and have my scan on wednesday we are hopefully going to find out the sex will have to let you know if we get to find out or not though :D

I had my scan a couple of weeks ago and didn't find out. I didn't really see the point in finding out, I'm not the type of person to go overboard on pink or blue so being neutral doesn't really bother me.

I had another scan today to check measurments they couldn't get last time and was pretty curious but didn't find out. Me and the husband reckon it's a boy though cos of what the sonographer said...

i am due on the 13th of december and my scan is monday i am going to find out, i cant wait i have always wanted to know what i am having :D

I'm due on the 28th December and my next scan in on 20th August. OH really wants to know and although I initially thought I wanted to be team green, I've decided it would be quite nice to know. I'm not keen on neutral colours or unisex clothing and money will be tight so I will be able to spread purchases out over the last 20 weeks or so of things I want in a particular colour (or that is the plan anyway).

I was worried about the possibility of the hospital mis-sexing however we are planning on having a 4d scan at 28 weeks (my mum really wants us to have one so has offered to pay for it) which will definitely confirm either way as long as baby doesn't get shy! As long as they both say the same thing (and with the detail on those 4d scans, I can't imagine them getting it wrong!) I'll be happy to go and buy pink or blue.

I think also it might help my OH. He really wants a girl and I have a feeling that he may be a bit disappointed if it is a boy (disappointed is not the right word but he really wants a daughter). I have a strong feeling it is a blue bump so at least if we know now, there'll be no tears when baby is born (or not for that reason anyway)!

Hello,

Gatecrashing here as I'm not pregnant, but I just wanted to say that I didn't find out - we found out after my daughter was born and it was THE BEST surprise ever - I wouldn't have wanted to miss that - it was so special.

It also gave me lots of encouragement to push as I was keen to find out what s*x the baby was!

Valentine Xxx

Julie84 said:
I think also it might help my OH. He really wants a girl and I have a feeling that he may be a bit disappointed if it is a boy (disappointed is not the right word but he really wants a daughter). I have a strong feeling it is a blue bump so at least if we know now, there'll be no tears when baby is born (or not for that reason anyway)!

Hey Julie, i feel exactly the same way, OH wants a boy and is so set on it and noboby understands when i say i want to know now so there is no dissapointment (i cant think of a different word but ykwim) on the day. he will be over the moon either way i know he will but but so theres some "adjustment" time should i say?? i love unisex clothes and will be still getting all unisex and having babys nursery in cream and lemon, also not telling anyone but family bacause i hated it that everyone bought DD pink fluffy dresses for birth prezzies, she never wore them! there so impracticle(sp?) baby likes comfort and warmth :)

last time i did find out at 32 weeks i was carrying a girl but that was only becuse i happened to have a late scan becuse she was breech and sonographer let it slip :) id love the surprise but just way to exited to know now just coz im super curious :lol:

I'm not finding out, I didn't with my son & I loved the fact that my OH was the one to tell me what sex our baby was. It's not that long to wait in the grand scheme of things, and it's such a special moment.

we found out because 1. im really impatient and 2. we wanted to buy things in the right colours i.e. pink/blue! :D good luck

1.) Find out whether you've got a son or daughter by staring at a black and white, grainy screen while a nurse tells you what sex it 'might' be...

or

2.) Find out in the delivery room when you meet your little person for the first time with that "it's a girl/it's a boy!" moment - just like in all the movies!!

No contest in my book!

(edited to add: each to their own, though! we're all different)

I just had my scan yesterday and we didn't find out. I must admit that while we were in there a part of me wondered about asking but we'd agreed we didn't want to know.

We didn't find out with Lucy and it definitely made the birth extra special as I had an emergency C-Section and when she was born, she was passed to my OH who showed her to me, I asked what sex she was and he had a little look and told me it was a girl. Ok all the doctors and nursers in the room knew but we found out together and that was special.

We didn't find out with my daughter, towards the end of the pregnancy I was desperate to know, but I was so glad I waited as it was the best surprise I have ever had. I've always wanted a daughter, but when I was carrying her I would have been happy with a boy or a girl, but when I was told she was a girl, I was just over the moon and I will never forget that feeling, it really was worth waiting for.

This time round we're not going to find out, although again I am tempted, but the wait really is worth it. I always feel it is like knowing what your christmas present is before you open it. I am such an impatient person that at christmas I'll go searching round the house looking for my presents and always regret it once I've found them, so for me I imagine fiinding out the sex of my baby would be a bit like that.

My DH & I both wanted to find out & I am glad we did as I am very organised & didn't want to have to buy everything neutral. It's a personal preference though.

My friend never found out what she was having, she said she didn't mind either way boy or girl. But secretly she wanted a girl & never told anyone. She gave birth to a boy & all that kept going through her head was 'it's not a girl', It took her a while to come to terms with it & even now, (her son is 4) she still beats herself up about her first thoughts & feels very guilty about it. I think it was just the inital shock but she says she wished she had found out to prepare herself more. She does love her wee boy more than anything though & says she could never imagine herself with a girl now!

my OH is one of 5 boys, his Dad is one of 4 and his mum has 3 brothers.

I carried right out the front and every other old wives tale shouted BOY.

I was so glad we found out because Evie would have been dressed in blue for months! :rotfl:

If I have another I will stay Team Green though- I'd have liked the suprise but John was adamant he wanted to know!

I have my 20 week scan next week but we have decided to stay team green - its natures best surprise! :lol:

I'm due on the 13th Dec and we have our scan tomorrow but for me it was far too long to wait.... I work in scan and convinced a collegue to scan me at 17 weeks to find out.

I love the thought of it being a suprise but I'm far too impatient :oops:

The main reason for me finding out was because there was nothing neutral to buy... everything seemed pink or blue.

It's all personal choice... some people like to know... others don't. IMO the technology is there so why not take advantage :wink:

Hi there, i wrote this exact same post in here about 20 weeks ago just before i had my 20 week scan in March. I then decided to stay team green and yes at times i kicked myself after after but i had my baby last week and i cant tell you enough how wonderful and emotional the moment was when my husband told me we had a little girl. :D :D

PLus, i loved the guess work throughout even though i was sure we were having another little boy so id say wait, wait wait! :D But i know lots of people who loved knowing before to get organised etc.

Good luck deciding.x

Only thing i would add is that i agree its maybe best to find out if you have a real greater desire for one sex over another so you can prepare yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back