hi everyone - find out sex or not?

i've stayed team green and am soooo pleased that we have that extra suprise waiting for us, its really helping to keep me going in the last weeks. plus i'm not a pink or blue kinda gal

Dont believe all the shit about helping you bond with the baby, after all the only people who tell you this are the businesses that profit from the scans.

But each to their own

I believe its personal preference but can never understand why ppl who do find out (like me) are put down for it... Like its such an awful god forbidden thing so if you do find out just be weary of those comments and ppl looking at you like you've just commited a crime by finding out.

The only ppl that can really say what its like are those that have had one baby and found out the sex and then gone on not to...

For me personally I found out, and im so glad I did, yes we did buy lots of blue stuff and his room will have lots of blue but thats not why I found out, for me finding out was like a progression in pregnancy, I can refer to baby as HE and I don't feel like i've spoilt any type of surprise... i didnt walk out the scan room thinking oh no i know now, this pregnancy is gonna be a right drag from here on...

Ppl go on and on about this "Surprise" the surprise isn't finally knowing your baby will be male or female, to me the surprise is what my baby will look like, how his hair will be, what music he will grow up to like, his first words the list is endless to me that is the surprise...

Whether or not you find out is up to you but don't allow anyone to sway whether its right or not to do so...

:hug: :hug: :hug:

To me its a case of being a surprise whenever you find out, the choice is decided when you want to find out.

I prefer to time my surprise to happen at the end of pregnancy, some people prefer to find out in the middle. That's the only difference really.

I agree! I found out the sex at the scan with all my children and it was exciting at the time, and also exciting to see if they were right when the children were born! I still got to hear OH tell me whether girl or boy!
I know people like this one girl in the extended family, who really wanted a girl! She didnt find out the sex at the scan and called her "she" all the way through! She was sure she was having a girl and she had a boy! She wasnt happy! Now I know not everyone is like this but she wishes now she would have found out earlier so she could get her head around the fact she was having a boy!
It just gives me something to look forwards too mid pregnancy! And although it must be nice to not know all the way through, Im far too impatient! hahaha :lol:

I've stayed team green with both mine. To be honest it has been harder this time around as I am a very impatient person, it's been fun guessing and having people guess the sex. We had a 4d scan, which some people have suggested is more intrusive than finding out the sex, as i've had a peak at my baby before there even born! I think it's down to personal choice at the
end of the day. Lucking forward to finding out what you decide xx

I'm definetly gonna find out the sex!

The suprise of having another human come out of my vagina is more than enough...

TeenAsmaTeam said:
I'm definetly gonna find out the sex!

The suprise of having another human come out of my vagina is more than enough...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Hee hee

My OH wanted to know the sex but i didnt so we were torn. I did get my own way on that one though as i couldnt have handled him knowing and me not!

Im loving the not knowing and all the guessing..

Claire x

Gatecrashing but i ofund out and it so amazing being able to call my bump little lady and buy things for her, feel a bit more organised, plus its such an amazing emotional thing when they tell you, you get to do it all over again when you see them at a 4d scan if you have one, and then again at birth !

Thanks for all your replies everyone - the scan is tomorrow morning and I know my OH doesn't want to find out and in a way I don't either but I'm really impatient and sooooo much want to know. Anyway, we've spoken about it and we've decided not to find out.........I'll probably blurt out "JUST TELL ME PLEASE"!! I think we'll wait though!! Libbyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back