Hey all..... Quick question for you ladies :D.

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey.

First of all i would like to say Congratulations to everyone with BFP's :D.

For some of you that dont know my situatuion, I got my first BFP on saturday night so i am all new to this and it is mt first post in preg chat. lol.

Quick question..... When did you have your first ever doc/midwife appointment after getting your BFP? I have to ring the doctors tomorrow to arrange one and was just wondering how long i will be looking at waiting before i see someone.

Thanks in advance ladies and hope you are all well.

Amy xx

I got my first docs appointment 8 days after my bfp, my first midwife appointment isn't til 18th May. x

Congratulations! I saw doc at 5 weeks and midwife at 12 but I think it depends on where you live as to when you see the midwife, some people see midwife at 8 weeks then again around 12 for bloods.

Thanks for the replies ladies.

So when i ring in morning will i ask for doc or midwife appointment?

I am just a little unsure as like many of you know i havent had any kind of bleed since 1st march (1st march was the day bleeding started.) which lasted 18 days.

Any ideas? The clearblue i done said 1-2 so that would make me 3-4 weeks. (i think lol).

Thanks again xxx

I just asked to see doctor first, a female one as I always think they are nicer! She sorted the midwife appointment and scan and told me a few general do's and don'ts.

Last edited:
R right thanks for that.

Do you think i should explain my situation to the receptionist?

xx

I had a male doc and he was lovely too :) I dunno if I'd say to the receptionist, I doubt it would make much difference :eh: x

I didn't but its up to you, they might just book you in to see a midwife instead of the doctor and you could end up waiting a lot longer for an appointment if they are busy, least the doctor will point you in the right direction and tell you how things work in your area.

I got my first MIDWIFE appointment 5 days after I got my BFP.
I haven't seen my doctor yet, I'm due to see the midwife again at a home visit for bloods to be taken. I'm also waiting for a letter in the post to be told when my scan date is :) xxx

when i told the reception that i was pregnant she said that i didnt need to see the dr unless i had concerns and to just see the midwife straight away, and that they like to see you between 6-8 weeks.

cool. Thanks for the info.

I want to be seen as soon as poss lol just to see if it will sink in a little if that makes sense.

Thanks again... Amy xx

When I rang up drs after getting BFP they told me no need to see dr, they don't confirm with a test or anything, they just made me a midwife appointment for when I was around 8 weeks and that was that.

congratulations on you BFP! :)

I was told to make an app with a mw (first one is at 8-10 weeks). I don't think doctors do anything in this situation at my surgery.

I called the doc when i got my BFP, but had to wait 2 weeks to see her. (i was nearly 7 weeks by then), and am still waiting for the MW to call me!

I called the doc when i got my BFP, but had to wait 2 weeks to see her. (i was nearly 7 weeks by then), and am still waiting for the MW to call me!

mellyy how long ago was that? I would suggest chasing them up. The mw is going to organise the 12w scan for you, and it can take a couple of weeks (I was told). If you leave it too late, you might not be able to get the scan organised in time, and won't be able to have the nuchal scan done.

R right thanks for that.

Do you think i should explain my situation to the receptionist?

xx

I think you should cos it wasn't until I explained to the receptionist at my GP surgery what I was making a doctors appointment when she told me that I should've seen the surgery midwife by then.

BTW Congratulations :dance:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back