Henry William Robert King 9th June 2012

tabbi

Reaction score
While Henry and Lilith are asleep i thought i would finally write my Birth story.

Got told i would be induced on my due date 8/6/12 as i had low AF, so went into hospital at 11am to antenatal ward on my due date. Had to wait until around 1pm before i was given a pessary and was told that by the looks of things it would only take one pessary to bring on labour. I had to walk around for 6 hours to help bring on labour, so 6 hour trek round the hospital and grounds to go back to ward to be told that i needed another pessary.

i got given the second pessary around 08.18pm, then stuck on the monitor for 45 minutes and then told to go for a walk again as i was only 2cm dilated but not contracting. they said if i didn't start contracting by morning they would break my waters.

At half nine i started getting contractions that were every minute apart but not that painful, so i decided i would go for a walk half hour later they got so bad i was crying and had to ask a midwife to examine me to see if there had been any change only to be told i was 3-4cm and that i needed transferring to labour ward.

I got onto the labour ward at half ten that night by now the contractions we coming every 30 seconds and lasting over 2 minutes each. so i asked for gas and air, could only use it for an hour before i started to want to throw up so i didn't use it after quarter too 12.

asked for an epidural as i was 5 cm, but it didn't work and i was in agony. by quarter to 2am i was screaming saying i needed to push, at 02.02am Henry was born weighting 8lb bang on.

he was put onto only not to cry so the midwife panicked thinking he wasn't breathing so took him away only for him to scream til he was back in my arms. already a mummy's boy. i had to have stitches and a few injections due to haemhorrageing lucky it wasn't too bad. was aloud home at 3pm as long as i could prove i could walk lol.

quick labour but the most painful one but hes worth every del (unit) of pain.
hes doing amazing, and feeding like an angel. lilith keeps asking if she can help out with changing his nappy to burping him everything. i am truely a lucky mummy x x x

You did well, congratulations hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back