*HELP =[*

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Kade just woke up because he's been feeling like poo lately.

He's eye on the left is red and swollen and he's screaming in pain. I've washed it out, looked in it, held a wet face cloth to it, turned off the lights..

he says he didn't poke it, put anything in it or touch it.

Suggestions?

I'm giving it another 20 mins then off to casusualty we go.

xx

maria1976 said:
oooh dont know hon :think:, how is he now??

He's calmed down, but still have the occasional 'ouch mummy it hurts again' and we need to get the wet washcloth to hold against it, aparantly that makes it feel better.

x

Odd. Corey had a red eye and a bit of a rash the other day... got antibiotics and a day in hospital... hes fine now, they still dont know what it was.

I think he poked himself in the eye. but he woke up middle of the night crying with this red eye like Kade.

He could have scratched it and may have a corneal abrasion ( a scratch on the front of the eye, the part we see through), it often feels better with a bit of pressure so holding a flannel on the shut eye would help. If it is one it should really be looked at in A&E or if you have a local eye casualty department ( would wait til the morning though if he's generally ok) heals in a couple of days and just needs a bit of antibiotic eye ointment to prevent infections. Paracetamol and/or ibuprofen might help too.
Hope he's feeling better soon :hug:

could it be dust or a pet hair or something in there? My eye goes huge and itchy if that happens to me. Does it itch?

Have you got any piriton?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back