Help!!

Sunnydays

Reaction score
Sooo... after being totally cocky yesterday about how my cycles are 28 day text book regular, I have no idea what is going on now, please help. I am 37 and ttc our first so now I am officially 'old'. I had a positive opk on cd 13 (yesterday) and today on cd 14 I have had period style cramps, but a little bit more milder, and I've had a bleed. Never in my entire life have I had a mid cycle bleed. We have dtd on cd 10, 12 and the early hours of this morning, cd 14. (2am-don't ask, we were both awake) and then today I have had these cramps and a bleed. Is there such a thing as ovulation bleed and is this a good or bad thing?? I'm at a complete loss now. Never had this before so assuming it's not normal??

How heavy is the bleeding?
I get cramping and pain after I've ovulated.
It's become worse over the years and these days is quite painful for a day or so. ( Personally for me I think this is due to endometriosis but never had that confirmed).
Anyway I think ovulation cramps are quite common.

As for the bleeding, never had this. If this is abnormal for you then you should get it checked by your GP.
I believe there is something called a cervical ectropion when the cervix changes due to high oestrogen levels and is more prone to bleeding. Could be due to this?
Maybe also due to lots of bding?!

Try not to worry, I'm sure it will all be fine.
Xx

How heavy is the bleeding?
I get cramping and pain after I've ovulated.
It's become worse over the years and these days is quite painful for a day or so. ( Personally for me I think this is due to endometriosis but never had that confirmed).
Anyway I think ovulation cramps are quite common.

As for the bleeding, never had this. If this is abnormal for you then you should get it checked by your GP.
I believe there is something called a cervical ectropion when the cervix changes due to high oestrogen levels and is more prone to bleeding. Could be due to this?
Maybe also due to lots of bding?!

Try not to worry, I'm sure it will all be fine.
Xx

The bleed was about the length of my finger, a about double the width, mainly brown but with a tinge of pink. It happened while I was out yesterday, I didn't feel it happen and only noticed once I got home last night, and I've had nothing since. I've still got very mild cramping today, it's very mild though and think I'm only aware as I'm looking out for it. I'm almost positive I ovulated yesterday, according to my opks, so hoping that it was an ovulation bleed. Google tells you so many different things though when you search for answers doesn't it. I've never had it happen before so hoping this was just a super strong ovulation, maybe because I had a chemical last month?? Who knows what goes on inside our bodies. X

Could be or as it's brown could be a tad bit of old blood left over from last month that was stuck in your tubes and ov has flushed it out. This has happened to me before. X x fx for a super strong ov x x

Iv had ovulation bleeding before but iv also had cervical erosion and had to go have treatment. If it carrys on through your cycle is more likely cervical erosion but if it's just the once around ovulation time is prob ovulation bleeding! Hope that makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back