help!

katie22

Reaction score
okay can somebody please help me. i have just recently found out that i am pregnant! i should be around 7-8 weeks. now this may get a little tmi but I'm really concerned. I've never really been able to feel my cervix but i had done some reading and decided that i should try. i can feel it and it seems to be very low, considering I've never felt it before.im really worried. does anyone know what this means or what i should be looking for? I've have no severe pains but i few niggling ones.

thanks oxo

Hi Katie.

Congratulations xx

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about cervix positioning in pg but I'm sure someone on here will and will offer some advice xx

Hi Katie.

Congratulations xx

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about cervix positioning in pg but I'm sure someone on here will and will offer some advice xx
thank you for answering me anyway. I'm just really worried about everything considering this is my first pregnancy, I'm hoping that its nothing as everyones pregnancy is different. :)

Hi hun
I also have no experience there but want to send hugs.
If your concerned your best bet would be to talk to your doctor and ask if it seems OK.
Right now I'd say if there's no pain or discharge ect it may be perfectly normal.
Always ask ya doctor if your ever concerned. It's better to be safe.
Xxx

Have you tried to feel it before? Not everyones cervix is the same. Generally in pregnancy the cervix is high, soft and closed but if you have never felt it before you dont know if it is high or low for you. Cervix position changes through the day. It is lower at the end of the day than in the morning. Usually you check it first thing after getting up. You also need to be in the same position every time. Your cervix does feel different during pregnancy so you could have found it for the first time because it has made it feel more obvious. If you are having a suspected MC a doctor might check your cervix is still closed but I've never heard of a low cervix being a sign of a problem in pregnancy. Try not to read too much into it.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about how to even feel for my cervix!
However, it is not something that is a common symptom that I have ever seen that's been given to indicate that something was wrong. I would be much more concerned with bad cramping followed by bleeding red blood.
You could ask your midwife, but I am nearly 20 weeks and this hasn't been mentioned at all by any doctor or midwife. I certainly haven't been told to check my cervix, but I have seen that people on the forum have done it.
The only way is to check with midwife or GP or look on NHS website :)
Good luck and congratulations. H and H nine months. Xxxx

Hi Hun, I predicted my pregnancy by finding my cervix during the month we ttc. For the most part of the month your cervix is low, hard and closed, when you start to ovulate it rises becomes more soft and opens, this is called SHOW Soft High Open Wet, your body produces sperm friendly cervical mucus at this time to assist in the transit from cervix to womb. After ovulation if you have conceived it drops down, not as low as before, remains quite hard and closed. The position of your cervix changes throughout the course of the day. As you are now pregnant I would suggest not touching your cervix as this is where your mucus plug will form :) try not to worry as each body is different and as my husband said to me "stop messing with it" haha :-D xxxxx

okay can somebody please help me. i have just recently found out that i am pregnant! i should be around 7-8 weeks. now this may get a little tmi but I'm really concerned. I've never really been able to feel my cervix but i had done some reading and decided that i should try. i can feel it and it seems to be very low, considering I've never felt it before.im really worried. does anyone know what this means or what i should be looking for? I've have no severe pains but i few niggling ones.

thanks oxo

I started feeling mine when i had a coil fitted as you're meant to check the threads are still there etc and wrapped around it. My cervix was up when i had my missed period but then about a week later it was very low, then it went up again and been up ever since. I was constipated at the time and believe with the bowel being where other side of where the cervix goes it was pushing it down.. well that's my theory anyway! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back