HELP! ShouldI travel?

SARAHSTAR

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first post! Have just found out today that I am 3 weeks pregnant with my first baby. My husband and I are due to travel to Australia for 3 weeks leaving in 5 days time. I've been having really bad cramps and am worried aout travelling. My doc is arranging a scan 2 days before i leave but i'm really not sure if i should go. I don't want to feel ill on the plane or away from home.. what should i do? thanks for your help in advance!

3 weeks is still very early and u may get to enjoy most, if not all of ur holiday without any sickness.
Cramps at this stage are very normal, but are they so severe that you'd want to cancel ur holiday?

If it were me, I'd go. The plane journey may not be very comfortable but its only 1 part of what surely will be an amazing holiday.

Congrats on ur BFP! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My Friend went to LA and Vegas in 8 day at 6 weeks and she was fine, I personally don't like flying so I wouldn't go long haul when preggers but I'm going to Ibiza in May so I will fly...

xx

go for it, and congrats just remember your dvt socks x

Hi Sarah, when I found out I was pregnant I had my holiday booked. I would have been 7 weeks by then. But I choose to cancel my holiday as I wasn't feeling too great and I also had a previous mc so was wary of going. Although you do get insurance specifically for pregnancy. And yu also get great medical care abroad so I suppose it's just how you feel about it. Good luck xx

I went to Miami and new York when I was 13 weeks pregnant.

I don't think I would do a similar holiday when pregnant again if I had the choice.

I had a nightmare on the plane. I got dehydrated and really bad nosebleed and needed looking after by the crew. It wasn't very nice.

Having said that, it probably could have been avoided with a bit of planning. If you go make sure you can get access to the toilet so an aisle seat. Keep hydrated and wear your flight socks and do the exercises etc.

If you are going to OZ to relax and chill then it might be ok, I tried to do too much in NYC and suffered a bit tbh. I was knackered.

Thank you all so much for your replys! I think as it's the first day of knowing I'm expecting my head is all over the place and I'm just a bit shocked - thought it would take longer to conceive! I should probably make the most of a holiday before I get too big to move and have a little one in toe! (all being well! x)
We're staying with family when we get there so I'll be well looked after if I do start feeling yucky!
THANK YOU ALL AGAIN! I'll be keeping in touch with updates!:)

I'd deffinately go!! May be the last chance you get for a while to have a proper relaxed holiday to put your feet up before having LO!! Congrats!! x

I'm off to Florida in a few weeks and I was a bit worried but there is no reason why you can't fly. I'm looking at it as my last chance to chill!! Funnily enough I wen to new York before Xmas before I knew I was pregnant and I had a nosebleed on the plane!! Will go armed with tissue lol

Hiya, and congrats!! I am a newbie too and 4 weeks and I had the same concern.
I have to fly quite often (6 flights just in Feb booked already and then a fab 2 week hol booked beginning of march).

As long as I feel ok then I am still going to do my travelling for the next few weeks as I was told it would be ok, plus like the other ladies say it would be good to get a last hol with just you and your OH :) after that think I will have to slow it down a bit (altho a bit tricky when moving countries as well!!)

Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy x

Congratulations on your BFP! I think each situation is different and it depends on how you are feeling. Personally I wouldnt go in the 1st trimester but ive had 2 MC's so am abit causcious. Hope you have a lovely time xxx

HI,

Firstly Congrats on you BFP!

I found out i was about 5 weeks pregnant about 2 weeks after i got back from Egypt in December!

I had flown and done everything you usually do on an all inclusive holiday, i would honestly go... enjoy your holiday just keep in mind your carrying your bean.

It COULD be your last holiday for a while as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back