Help with dates? Could i be Father?

Redbull760

Reaction score
Please help me with this i would like to know if i could be father?

My Girlfriend last had sex with her ex boyfriend on 1st January 2012 she is now approximately 5 months pregnant. Her due date is the 19th October 2012

I first had unprotected sex with her on January 27

I'm sure im not the father but don't understand the dates?

He last period started on 25th of December 2011, then she had a second but small period on the 13th for 2 days. Which could be the conception? I used a pregnancy calculator and that gives an even earlier due date of 30th September.

280 days from the 1st makes her due date 7th October (12 days early)
280 days from the 27th makes her due date 2nd of November (14 days Late)

I'm sure its not that simple. Can anyone explain and shed light as to who the father is?

Hi..

I'm not sure any of us will be in a position on here to say whether you are or are not definitely the father.. but based upon the dates you have provided, it looks as though the small period you are referring to in january (13th) has been classed as her official last one before becoming pregnant (based upon her due date of 19th October) which would mean (depending on her cycle length) roughly the intercourse that lead to the pregnancy would have to had occurred roughly 2 weeks after that period which would be around the time you state you first had unprotected sex with her so that looks likely...

Looks like you have done a fair bit of research yourself to understand dates etc and how it works, but just to clarify, pregnancy in officially starts from the last period and not the date of intercourse itself... so if for example someone was "4 weeks pregnant" that would mean (roughly) they had sex 2 weeks ago but had their last period 4 weeks ago.. does that make sense??

If you had unprotected sex then yeah, you could be the father.

It depends on her cycle lengths etc as to when she may have ovulated. It is possible for sperm to live for a few days after intercourse so if her ex's sperm were still swimming when she ovulated then the baby could be his. It's a tough one to call.

Yes my Girlfriend thinks she was at the 2 week mark on the 13th of January, and that bleeding was the conception? In mid March the doctor told her she was 12 weeks pregnant but the ultra sound said 9 weeks and 4 days on the 23rd of March. But she could only be 8 weeks pregnant if with me? Its all so confusing!

The scan date is likely to be more accurate. Don't forget a womans pregnancy is back-dated to her period, not conception.

when does the scan start from? Is it conception? or does it take into account the 2 weeks before?

Yeah I know it can be very confusing! If on 23rd March the scan said 9 weeks 4 days that that takes us back to the 16th Jan doesn't it? So officially (if you went by what the scan showed) pregnancy would have started around 16th January.. if pregnancy started on the 16th Jan, conception would have occured roughly 2 weeks AFTER that.. I know how confusing that makes it sound but in pregnancy terms the number of weeks pregnant always relates back to the last monthly cycle and not the date of conception itself... which would make it around the date you had unprotected sex with her.. have you spoken about doing a paternity test??

I'm pretty much saying the same thing as princess81 in a more long winded way haha... I must have started typing around the same time as Princess, because I didnt see what had already been put before I wrote my last message :)

The scan makes me even more confused for 9weeks and 4 days means a starting point of 16th of January

So 13th was a period, she ovulated 12-14 days later and you likely got her pregnant at that point.

Yeah but cosmic it was only a 2 dayer on 13th so that could've been implantation?? :think:

The scan will be more accurate than the docs predicted date (because that is just based on when your gf said her last period was) based upon what you've said so far about the scan it sounds more likely that the conception of the child occured towards the end of January (rather than the start)

If the 19th is correct and the doctor hasn't made a mistake on the due date everything points to the 13th or 16th for the start of 40 weeks or 280 days. Is that possible to be pregnant fro sex on the 1st of Jan?

It is not possible for conception to take place before day 1 of the pregnancy. So if day 1 of pregnancy is 13th Jan, conception must have taken place after that date, the average timescale for a women to ovulate and therefore be fertile is 14 days after day 1 of her period (although this is an average & varies greatly).. which would be bang on the 27th Jan...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back