HELP REQUIRED!!!!!!! please :D:D

dadof4

Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to this forum, so I am hopeful someone can give me some advice, I currently have 3 children from a previous relationship and have been with my new girlfriend for nearly a year. We have been trying to start a family, as she doesnt have any children.

She is 34 years old, and has to take various medications, as she has retinitus pigmentosa, and also suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, over the last few months her periods have been getting later and later, and she finds it necessary to do a test which always comes back negative.

She bought a test earlier today as she has went 6 days over her expected day for her period to start, and again it came back negative, but she feels that she is still definately pregnant, and has said she will wait till the end of the week, and then she will go and see the doctor.

She thinks that she has left it too late to become a mother, and also thinks that her medication could be contributing to the fact that she can't concieve, she is really seeking some advice, so if anyone has a suggestion to what we could do.

I have suggested that should the test from the doctor come back negative, then she should ask to be checked thoroughly.

I think she should discuss whether her medication could affect her getting pregnant. If it doesnt then she could try charting (recording temperature, CM etc) to try pinpoint ovulation to see if that helps.
Sorry, not sure what else to advise, someone more experienced should be along shortly :wink:

Snuggle said:
I think she should discuss whether her medication could affect her getting pregnant. If it doesnt then she could try charting (recording temperature, CM etc) to try pinpoint ovulation to see if that helps.
Sorry, not sure what else to advise, someone more experienced should be along shortly :wink:
yes i agree with snuggle, and she should asked to be fully checked just incase

Definitely go to the Dr as some meds can affect your chances to conceive, her Dr may also be able to tailor her treatment to give her the best and safest chance of conceiving.

I wouldn't say 34 is too old either, sending lots of babydust your way. Good luck.

hi didnt want to read and run, ...i agree with what has been said, perhapps if you both go to her gp and talk everything through they will be able to talk her through the medications and how they do/do not affect her fertilility, if nothing else it may put both of your minds at ease.

hope everything works out well for you both

hi i agree with checking with the docs about the medication she is on,as for her age,i have just concieved my first,im 31,so dont think she has left it too late.

good luck to you both! :hug:

I cant help with the medical conditions Im afraid, but yes she should definitely see her doctor regarding the pregnancy (and if she is not pregnant then maybe they can help with why she might not be getting pregnant).

Im afraid Im very biased and do not think 34 is too old to start a family - Im 34 and pregnant with my first child and to be honest wasnt ready for a baby until now (career, lifestyle, living abroad etc).

Good luck, and she is lucky to have such an obviously caring partner!

I agree with what's been said. Meds can offset periods and she should ask her GP which one(s) is/are affecting her cycle. Some meds are not recommended for pregnant women, so if she is pregnant she needs to change the meds too. Once again, a consultation with the GP will clarify all this.

34 isn't too old to start TTC. I was 34 when I started TTC. I'm 35 now and we're trying again after a loss. Don't tell her that I lost my child, though. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back