Provera - ???

BabyBlues

Reaction score
Saw my doctor today. Explained that I had been off the pill 2 months and that AF has only showed once for 2 days and that i should have come on again in the last couple of days but havent - and she was very helpful :)

Told her I did a HPT the other day but she said that it would have been too early to detect and so has taken a blood sample and is calling me tonight with the results. Told her i doubt that it Im PG as no symptoms but she wanted to be sure as she has given me some tablets - Provera - which she said will start AF again and should take tomorrow if PG test comes back negative.

Dont want to get hopes us though. Women just "know" when they are PG dont they? Well I know im not.

Anyone else been put on Provera or any other pill to start there AF again? Bit iffy about taking it to be honest!

sorry dont know much about it but i found this if its any use medroxyprogesterone is provera

If your periods are irregular or have stopped completely and your doctor can find no obvious cause, it may be that something has upset your natural hormone levels. Medroxyprogesterone can help to restore your natural hormone levels, because it mimics the effects of your natural progesterone.

Normally the level of progesterone in your blood increases about a week before your period. If medroxyprogesterone is taken for 5 to 10 days each month at this time (ie day 16 to 21 of your cycle) it mimics the natural rise in your progesterone levels. This can help your other hormones to behave in a more normal way. To treat irregular periods this medicine is taken in this way for two menstrual cycles. To treat periods that have stopped it is taken for three menstrual cycles. At the end of the treatment regular periods should return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back