Help! Referred to Early Pregnancy Unit Unexpectedly :/

Sharcaz

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I'm all over the place...

I'm 7+3 and just moved house this week - went to GP to sort booking app today. I had a tiny amount of spotting this morning and she's said I have tenderness on my left side after a tummy examination. I also had an mc in January at 6 weeks followed by an unusually light period. So she's said I could be further along than I think, and my blood pressure is quite high for me too - so she has referred me today for an urgent scan!

I'm so taken aback!!! And was not worried at all before and now I'm petrified!! Anyone else been in similar situation? What would a scan look like at 7 week? I'm waiting for the call now for my app, hope it's soon so I can stop worrying! Just want baby to be ok!!

Really hope everything is ok hun, at 7 weeks they should be able to see baby and a heartbeat, I know how scary this is and I know a lot of women have a bit if spotting and everything's ok , I'm keeping everything crossed for you lovely
Big hugs

xxxxxxx

Good luck, I hope all goes well. Before 10 weeks you will need a transvaginal scan. On my last pregnancy I had an emergency scan at 6 weeks and you could see the sack and a tiny white flicker. That flicker was the heartbeat, I also had some light spotting like a brownish colour. After the scan I was told it was probably just implantation or old blood.

Let us know how you go x

I have an "external" scan at 8+6, however I think at 7 weeks you'll need an internal scan. Fingers crossed!! Xx

Thank you ladies :) And thank you for the heads up on the internal scan eek! Wasn't expecting that! The glamorous side to childbirth eh ;) No call yet but will let you know how i get on, should be tomorrow or saturday :) xx

It took me by surprise lol, I turned up with a full bladder and they told me to go empty my bladder. I wish I had been prepared x

I had a scan a private viability scan at 7 weeks. It was transvaginal. If I figure out how to attach the scan pic I'll share it. Just a little blob but with a heartbeat. Good luck!

Good luck Hun. I hope everything's okay. I will attach my daughters scans xx

a4e82ceb2ab6a9e86c9145fc62ecf455.jpg

5 weeks xx

d02ea6175a1712c21085b0464bb83a94.jpg

8 weeks. So I think yours should be similar to this one xx

Good luck. This was mine at 7+3, tv scan xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 30
Hope everything goes well! Hopefully it's nothing to worry about in the end. This is what my 7 week scan looks like so you get an idea of what to expect.

Oh wow!! Thank you so much for all the replies and loving the scan photos!! They're amazing! Are they NHS? I'm wondering if I'll get a piccie to bring home, even though it'll just be a blob I want it :D

Thanks for all the reassurance ladies, my scan is on Saturday morning- very pleased because it means hubby can come with! And GP wants me to pop in for a check up tomorrow :) xx

You will get a picture Hun! Good luck again.
My 5 week one was nhs but my 8 week one was private X

Mine was also nhs (fertility clinic) and I'm sure if you ask they will give you a picture xx

They may not give you a picture as I wasn't supposed to get one at my first EPAU scan and when I asked for one at my second scan she said no and that she shouldn't have given me a picture in the first place xxx

Well girls...had my scan this morning and I blubbed the moment the screen showed up!! I didn't have to have an internal as she said I was slim (yay!) - we saw the heartbeat instantly and it was so magical! So so relieved that baby is ok. It's in the right place and all is well! I even got given 2 pictures without asking!! So my mind is finally put to rest and I can't wait for the 12 week scan now to see the difference :) It feels so much more real now!!

Attachments

• 5a21ffb7-7e8f-4074-adaf-57d95b65b732.jpg
    5a21ffb7-7e8f-4074-adaf-57d95b65b732.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 529415c7-e25e-4ec2-934b-119c4c7e669c.jpg
    529415c7-e25e-4ec2-934b-119c4c7e669c.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 22
Congratulations Hun! Such a lovely scan! Xc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts