Pay for private early scan or wait??

JJo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Had my booking appt today at 7+1 weeks. Because of my 3 previous m/c's she's referred me to a consultant (not really sure what that entails) but doesn't think I'll see him before my first scan which she doesn't think will be before 11 weeks. So, I'm wondering whether I should pay for a private scan, probably at 8.5 weeks or just wait??? If I have a scan next week and all is well I'm not sure if this is going to help me relax anyway as the last time I m/c was at 12 weeks...

What to do??:wall2:

I had an early scan cos my mc's were at 6 weeks. And tbh I have still be v anxious! It really is up to u x

I had an early scan yesterday at 8.5 weeks and although it was nice to see blob and a heartbeat I don't think it was worth the £100 we paid and also I am still going to worry about it all until 12 week scan so it probably wasn't worth me having it to be honest. Sorry that was no help really was it xx

I have an early private scan on Saturday.
I am lucky enough to hav not suffered a mc in the past but I am so anxious about everything that I just can't wait til 12 weeks on the NHS.

As MrsMc and tiggy have said I'm sure it won't ease my anxiety in the long term, but I am so desperate to see the heart beat now that I can't wait another 3 weeks.

I'd say have a private scan but you will probably still worry like the rest of us!

Btw, congratulations!!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, still not sure what I'm going to do but it certainly helps to discuss it! I wish I could curl up in a ball and sleep for the next 5 weeks ...

I'm in the same boat............one MC, one MMC and the midwife will NOT refer me for an early scan.

Am desperate to have a private scan, but too scared in case they can't find it again.........

Oh what to do????!!!!

Have an early private scan Cazza.
If not you're gonna be really stressing for ages hun.
Good luck and congartulations. :)
x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back