Back From Drs - Early Scan Date!

DebbieM

Reaction score
After my horrid weekend with some "spotting", I went to the Drs seeing as the Mat Unit would not deal with me because I've not yet had my first booking appointment.

The Dr I saw was very nice and he said it was basically nothing to worry about, but since he could cleary see how anxious I am about it all, he referred me for a scan. Not only that - he picked up the phone and called the EPU right there and then and booked us an appointment.

I'm going at 11.15am on Wednesday for a reassurance scan!!!

I feel much better now.

Has anyone else had an early scan. I will be 6 weeks and 6 days by Weds. My sister seems to think it is an internal scan but I've been told to go with a full bladder. I don't care either way but anyone know for sure?

I had a scan at 6 weeks and had both an external and internal scan...

I'd say you'll have an internal as they can see more (eg. a heartbeat if there is one yet)...

Good Luck :)

Great news babes. xxx

I am not exactly sure what will happen on Wednesday, but I would think they will try a normal scan first, then maybe do an internal one for a clearer picture if needed.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on. xxx

Glad to hear that your doctor was so reassuring. Wishing you all the best for the scan on Wednesday.

Depends if your a skinny or not.A internal they will see more and yes its not very nice but you can get a better picture

see why cant all doctors do that ! its mad ! im proper gonne put the tears on with my midwife on the 30th !

if a external scan fails they'll just tell u to empty ya bladder and do an internal one !

good luck !

I don't care if it's internal or external. I just want to see our bean now! :D

I'm certainly not "skinny" so perhaps they will try both. As I said, I don't care so long as they find him/her and let us know all is ok!

I know someone who had a scan at that amount of weeks and it was just a normal scan. Good luck for Wed :hug:

oh it never even clicked that i may have an internal scan, im having scan same day and time as u, i think im 7 weeks, how exactly does internal one work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back