Went to the docs

Serendipity_

Reaction score
Went to see my new doctor today with OH.

"What can I do for you?"
"I'm pregnant"
"Congratulations. Speak to the nurse on reception about booking you in with the midwife. Anything else?"

Short and sweet, no vaginal examination :cheer:

I'm going for a scan within the next two weeks at my local hospital and then I will be in touch with the midwife. So scan, then midwife - very odd!!! But then I should get my 12 week scan a few weeks later :cheer:

No vaginal examination either :D

Lol thats how my dr's was i thought waaa and they evan gave me my booklet that has to be shown to the midwive
Its like it all moved to quick
I think with my son it was totally different not so fast

Hi,

My name's Claire & i discovered i was pregnant a week ago after doing a clearblue. Me & my hubby went to the docs yesterday & he just said you will go to the hospital at 12 weeks (i think i am approx 6 weeks gone now) & he gave me a number to ring to make an appointment with a midwife.

I thought he would confirm i was pregnant in someway but when i said that he laughed & said tests were pretty accurate & just to wait until 12 weeks gone to have a scan/see a midwife. Another 6 weeks is going to be a long wait for us!...... x

See, I'm wandering why I am having an 'early scan' at eight weeks. :think:

LOL i remember being suprised at how short n sweet the first docs app was! and i dont think i had any vaginal exam until i was in labour!

got my docs app tomorrow, for something else mainly but will make my booking in app then

Well I'm not having a early scan, my scan is down for 22nd December.

But I have been told I can't see midwife until I have my scan. But its my first pregnancy, surely I should be able to see her before then? I'll be 12 weeks at my scan.

hi all,
I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow and have my first meeting with midwife on the 1st December when I'll be told when my first scan will be.
The doctor was great though, gave me loads of advice and forms to fill in/ mags to read.
hope you're all not too sick
x

I think GPs tend to leave it all to the midwife!

I was shocked as well when mine said pretty much the same thing when I was pg frist time round.

Serendipidy_ You could be having an early scan if you are not 100% sure of your dates or maybe its routine to scan early in your area, enjoy it!

xkikix said:
I think GPs tend to leave it all to the midwife!

I was shocked as well when mine said pretty much the same thing when I was pg frist time round.

Serendipidy_ You could be having an early scan if you are not 100% sure of your dates or maybe its routine to scan early in your area, enjoy it!

Read further down. :wink:

Just had a giggle when I read this. Why would you think the doc would give you a vaginal examination? :lol:

M&Ms said:
Just had a giggle when I read this. Why would you think the doc would give you a vaginal examination? :lol:

A few on here have had them - or maybe just one or two - and my MIL was adamant I was having one.

I was not going to let any greasy hairy hand come near me... I have enough in pushing OH away, never mind a smelly doctor :lol:

Serendipity_ said:
[quote="M&Ms":3k2cieee]Just had a giggle when I read this. Why would you think the doc would give you a vaginal examination? :lol:

A few on here have had them - or maybe just one or two - and my MIL was adamant I was having one.

I was not going to let any greasy hairy hand come near me... I have enough in pushing OH away, never mind a smelly doctor :lol:[/quote:3k2cieee]

lol, I can't get enough of my OH at the moment, I don't think I've ever been so frisky, no complaints from him either he loves the new curves, even if they are pretty small as yet! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back