Early scan date confirmed

kirstymichelle

Reaction score
I just called my fertility clinic and the nurse booked me in for a scan on March 14th at 1pm . It's an internal and i am petrified it will cause me to miscarry. My friend has scared me because twice she's had an internal around the 6 week mark and twice miscarried that night. Please tell me i am being silly about it and that it is fine. I will be 7 weeks 4 days .

x

I just called my fertility clinic and the nurse booked me in for a scan on March 14th at 1pm . It's an internal and i am petrified it will cause me to miscarry. My friend has scared me because twice she's had an internal around the 6 week mark and twice miscarried that night. Please tell me i am being silly about it and that it is fine. I will be 7 weeks 4 days .

x

Why did you friend have an internal?

I assume because she had signs of miscarriage already? :shock:

You'll be fine hun

xxxxxxxxxx

i had an internal done this pregnancy and all is fine, i did have an internal done previously when i was spotting and had a threatened mc and it did bring on the bleeding so maybe thats what happened to your friend xx

i had an internal done this pregnancy and all is fine, i did have an internal done previously when i was spotting and had a threatened mc and it did bring on the bleeding so maybe thats what happened to your friend xx

That's what I meant.

I was scanned internally with pregnancy 1 and 3 - both times I was in the EPU as I was spotting.

I was scanned about 6 times with the first pregnancy (it took 3 weeks to miscarry :shock:) and none of the scans bought on heavier bleeding.

I did miscarry day after scan with 3rd pregnancy BUT I was going to lose it anyway sweetie - the scan didn't cause it!!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi hon. Do you have to have an internal one?

I had an early scan at 7+2 on Monday that wasn't internal and they could see baby straight away with hb!

Xx

My friend has recurrent miscarriages and had no previous signs each time until she was scanned, i am petrified . The clinic only has the probe for internal scans so i wnt be able to have a normal ultrasound. Or should i just leave it and wait it out.

I think they want to do an earlier scan because of the clomid i have taken x

My friend has recurrent miscarriages and had no previous signs each time until she was scanned, i am petrified . The clinic only has the probe for internal scans so i wnt be able to have a normal ultrasound. Or should i just leave it and wait it out.

I think they want to do an earlier scan because of the clomid i have taken x

Well if your friend was already being treated for recurrent miscarriages I am pretty sure she'd have bled regardless of being scanned - sadly it was just one of those things :oooo:

Is there any way you can speak to the clinic to discuss your fears / concerns?

xxxxxxxx

I've asked the nurse about the safety and she reassured me that all would be fine and that it was probably coincidence on my friends part and it was inevitable.

So i'll ask my OH about it later and see what he says x x x

If internal scans brought on mc's they wouldn't do them.
I had an internal scan at 6+5 and everything is fine. It was also really reassuring to see my LO's hb even though at that stage it was just a kidney bean :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yeah that is what the nurse said , my clinic deals with IVF patients etc and they just wouldn't risk it at all , I think i just needed some reassurance x x x

Thank you all so much x

I had 2 internal scans this time around at 7wks and 8wks and all is fine. I am sure all will be fine Hun :hugs: also when I mc'ed last June I had 2 internal scans at 11wks and 12wks and knew I was going to mc, but didn't until 12+4wks so having the scans definitely didn't help/cause me to mc xxx

I had to have an internal done really early on and I promise you it's nothing to worry about hun.
It just sits 'in there' gently - they don't push in very far at all (sorry if tmi!)
They'll put a sheet over you too so you won't be totally exposed so don't worry about that bit.
Like Jayjay says, if they caused mc they wouldn't use them. I doesn't hurt you or your bub and will all be over really quickly. xxx

Thanks all, i have been in that room for internals more times than i care to remember checking for follicles and ovulation, it will be nice to be there for another reason altogether!.

I just have tried for so long i didn't want to upset the pregnancy in any way x

i had an internal scan at 7 weeks after having had 2 previous mc and all was fine! it wont cause you to mc hun, hope it goes well :) xxxx

I had an internal scan at 8 weeks as I didn't know my dates and all is well eith this one. He is a proper sticky baby! He was due on Monday but he isn't showing any signs of showing his face!

They definately wouldnt do them if they were a danger.
I had one at 6 and 8 weeks and all is fine, a little uncomfy but a brilliant picture.
Your friend sounds like she suffers with mc's and thats unfortunate but dont let it put you off plenty of us ladies have had them and were all doing fine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back