Swelling?

gingerxmas

Reaction score
I'm getting bad swelling in my feet, legs, hands and arms. To the point now where my feet are constantly asleep, my hands fall asleep in the night which causes pain, and they swell during the day to the point where I can't touch my fingers to my thumb or make a fist.
Mentioned it to the midwife 2 weeks ago and she said not to worry because my bp and urine were clear. But it is affecting me. I've had to stop work a week early as I'm a teacher and can't write for a few hours a day!
Anyone found a way of controlling this?

Oh hun I had this and tbh stopping work and resting more with my feet up daily was the only thing that made it better. Drinking plenty of water to flush the fluids through your system is good as well-min 2 litres of water/fluid a day. I hope things improve for you but if your BP is fine and no protein is just one of those rubbish pregnancy symptoms! Hope it goes away for you

Iv been suffering with swelling too, MW told me to keep my feet raised and to try and move my fingers as much as i can before bed and got me wrist splints as says a lot of the problem with hands at nite is carpal tunnell, Physio also advised doing the hot cold bathing to help reduce the swelling, so fill one basin with cold water and one with warm water and soak hand in them one at a time

Not too sure about arms and legs but she told me not to worry unless my face swells in which case to call hospital MW straight away as can be pre exclampsia

Same as the other ladies have said. I've got some compression socks which really help with the swollen legs during the day especially when I was working. You can get compression/support tights too. I found a good website called PebbleUk which does all sorts of support stuff.

I also have the carpel tunnel thing especially at night. You can get wrist splints online. I was desperate at weekend so I got a couple of wrist supports from a sports shop, the neoprene ones which wrap around. Anyway I started wearing these at night and when my hands go numb and hurt. They've really worked for me and my hands have calmed right down. They are almost normal during the day now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back