Sudden Swelling :(

Mummy_Mel

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I have to go to hospital today because I woke up at 4am with sudden really bad swelling in my hands and feet. They said they will check my BP and urine and that if my blood pressure is up they will send me to the "day assessment unit". Does anyone know what that is? Any idea what might happen?

Thanks x

Swelling as well as raised BP is a sign of pre eclampsia hun, if it is the case you have this they will more than likely induce you or tell you to get bed rest.
Hope everything is okay hun, let us know how it goes xx

Sounds to me like the need to monitor you in case you developing pre eclampsia I think but thats just a guess from what MW has told me as i was at risk of it due to my mam having it with both pregnancys

Try not to worry hun it is normal to swell in your hands and feet at night to a certain extent and at least your going in to get checked out

Think the day assesment unit is just as it says where you go in for the day and get put on a monitor to keep track of your BP ect ( but again thats a educated guess lol )

Awwww good luck honey. I hope all is well - what the there girls have said is right and that is why they will be monitoring you but hopefully it will turn out to be something easier than pre-eclampsia. fx for you! Let us know how you get on xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back