Help please, BFing and underweight

mermaid

Reaction score
I'm posting this because I really need some advice. I am still breastfeeding after 10 mths inc. through the night, but I have lost a lot of weight recently. I am now 6 1/2 stone and am struggling to keep up. I eat 3 meals a day plus a snack, but I'm vegetarian which doesn't help!

I'm really worried and would like your thoughts onthis as I am not sure where to go from here. Please help other bfing mums. :(

Hi Hun

I started to lose a bit of weight when I was breastfeeding Gabs and I was advised by the HV to take in more calories.

I would say you probably need more snacks in the day.

I added things like milkshake, a choccy bar, porridge.... that kind of thing.

Good luck :hug:

youve been BFing for 10 months- did u lose the weight steadily over those 10 months, or has most of it come off suddenly fairly recently?

u could hav a thyroid problem triggered by pregnancy, its best to go to the docs and ask for a test, coz if it is ur thyroid it can cause health complicationsif left untreated.

if not, ask to be referred to a dietician to help u gain weight healthily (not just eating loadsa fat and sugar!)

good luck :hug:

Thanks for your help, i think i have lost the weight fairly quickly, i was thinking of seeing a dietician. That would be a good idea as I have funny eating habits. :D

Hey mermaid,

I can't help as I have to opposite problem (can't help piling weight on and using b/feeding as an excuse to eat lots and be greedy!) but didn't want to read and run - going to the docs to be referred to a dietician sounds like a brilliant idea.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back