Baby eating solids help

lesleyann23

Reaction score
Hi so please don't judge but I started weaning early my Lo will eat anything pureed and is great with solids such as toast fruits and veg. I was thinking about giving him more solids as meals as he does so well but don't really know where to start. If I'm honest I don't have the best diet but am willing to change it so we can all eat together. I know I need to check salt content but is there anything else and any ideas on meal suggestions I'm thinking a mixture of foods. Any ideas would be great. Ps he has two teeth and uses them to break foods up really well.

How old is he? I'm on my phone and can't see tickers xx

6 months. I mixed puree and blw weaning so its just how to progress from there really.

Same sort of thing I did. I started weaning at 17 weeks. We moved up the food from puree to mashed, and I can't quite remember how we introduced more solids.

Twirly pasta is a good one, with a cheese triangle mixed in to it. Cheese triangles, steamed veg, cheerios, grated cheese, banana and other fruits.

I'll think of some more if i can x

Thanks I think the pasta and cheese is a great idea i think ill try that tomorrow.

Laughing cow triangles have the lowest amount of salt x

I make cheesy pasta sauce like a White sauce with the following:

Unsalted butter melted in a pan, add flour and mix quickly until it bubbles. Take off the hob and add milk, stir continuously and put back on the hob until it thickens. Add a little grated cheese for taste and a dash of nutmeg.

I like doing it this way because you can make it as runny or as thick as you need it to be. Plus he loves it and wolfs it down!

I highly recommend the Baby Led Weaning cookbook by Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkit. Emma did you get a copy in the end? X

No I didn't Gem, I have been googling and printing things off. Made my second batch of savoury flapjack on Thursday as she loves it! X

I got a cheap blender from Tesco and just chucked a portion of whatever we had for tea in the evening and blended it, not till it was mush, just well chopped up. Lilly now eats full meals just cut up into bitesize bits.

Someone on here suggested something that I tried and is an awesome idea, get a packet of fish pie fish chunks, freeze them on a backing tray so they don't stick and then chuck em in a bag. Defrost them in cold water for a few minutes, then make a meal with them! Brilliant idea :D also, keep a bag of good quality frozen veg in the freezer, cooks quicker than fresh and its really handy when baby is crying for food.

Other things that lills likes are:
Eggy bread
Omelettes
Pasta twirls
Roast carrots and potatoes
Rice meals
Rice pudding
Curry
Chilie

Good luck!

Xxx

Last edited:
Thanks he is really not good today been up most of night which is not like him so going to wait before introducing anything new. Probably just his teeth but I'd rather wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back