BLW help

spendalots

Reaction score
My baby girl is 8mths old and we have BLW since 6mths old but she has recently started to spit out her food (still no signs of any teeth),there seems to be more food in her highchair and on the floor than going into her mouth!I am worried that she isn't eating enough (she used to enjoy 3 meals a day and 4 7oz bottles)she now only eats breakfast (toast or scrambled egg/omelette) but will have 7 7oz bottles a day!

I am worried about her weight as she has always been on the 9th centile,spoke to HVwho advised to start TW!!will not happen as can not go anywhere near DD with a spoon!

Any advice please as I am wondering whether to give her foods I know she will eat or stick with giving her foods she doesn't eat and wasting it,also should I give her snacks if she doesn't eat lunch of dinner (I am not currently)

Sorry for the long posts but would really appreciate any advice x

Last edited:
Hi there, we did blw too, I would say its an exploratory phase and dont tract, keep offering snacks and all the stuff she likes aswell as new stuff. Let her have as much milk as she wants, remember food before one is just for fun!! I know hard not to worry though. Thetes some fab forums out there dedicated to just blw, it may he an idea to post on those to get loads of advise.from others?? Good lichen and happy to help in Any way I can. Our little man is now 14 months xx

Thanks minchin,have posted on a couple too so will see what other advice anyone has.

I don't want to make a big fuss as don't want her to become a fussy eater!hoping that it's just a phase as you said as don't want to start TW now after all the effort we have put into BLW x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back