Help needed maybe from a chart stalker...

klee1988

Reaction score
Ok well this month is my first month temping so I'm new to all this :D .

Every morning my temp has been 36.1 since CD 10. Then yesterday morning it went up to 36.6 and today it was 36.4. I am now on CD 19. I know I should be ovulating around now.
I thought that the temp rise meant I had ovulated yesterday but I did not have any EWCM until about an hour ago.
Does this mean I ovulated yesterday or today??

I BD'd on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday so hopefully I caught the egg, maybe I should BD today aswell just incase :lol: .

What you think girls??
Any advice is really appreciated!!!

xox

Hi, I've just seen this so maybe too late, but anyway...

It's pretty difficult to tell from what you're saying, and it's also very difficult to know what's normal in the first month or two of temping anyway - for some people, a rise of .2 indicates ovulation, others generally see a rise of .7 or .8. So unfortunately the first month or so is very much a 'wait and see' time...

It would be really helpful if we could see your temps as it's hard to imagine what the chart might look like - especially because you don't say what your temps were pre-CD10. From the sounds of it, you had exactly the same temp every day for a week, which is extremely unusual and suggests to me that there's a problem with your thermometer. Because you're giving temps to one decimal place, I suspect you're using a fever thermometer (a bog-standard thermometer) rather than a basal thermometer. Basal thermometers (BBTs) have a smaller range (if you had a fever temp, it would be off the scale), but they are much more accurate and measure to two decimal places. If you are going to chart, you need to get a BBT. You can buy them from Boots for around £10 or from eBay for around £4.

Register with an online charting software provider like Fertility Friend (follow the link in my sig...) then you can share your chart with us.

As for this month's temps, well... not knowing what the first ten days were, it's impossible to say. BUT if they were around 36.1 or below, then the rise to 36.6 on CD18 would suggest ovulation on CD17, HOWEVER you would need to see a temp in the higher range today as well to be sure. The EWCM would suggest that you have not ovulated, though. You really need to get an accurate thermometer and to show us all the info on a chart for us to be able to advise properly, I'm afraid - you don't say what CM you had before yesterday, if any, and it's possible that you didn't realise it was EWCM earlier. Also, are you temping at exactly the same time each day, and as soon as you wake, before you get up, go to the loo, have a drink, etc? If you temp an hour later than usual, that could easily account for higher temps.

I wouldn't get too stressed about the temps this month, but get yourself set up for next cycle (if there is one - FX there isn't!), and join the chartstalkers thread. We'll be able to help a lot more if we can see your info!

Thanks for getting back to me.
Sorry for confusing you :lol: , I read a lot more on the internet about temping so I'm a little more clued up now.
Yes I was just using a normal digital thermometer. I don't think it was very accurate anyways as my temps have went back down to 36.2 :think: I only starting temp from CD10.

I normally just go by an ovulation calender and looking at my EWCM. I had creamy watery CM leading up to Saturday then EWCM from Saturday afternoon until that night. I am going to go by the CM then this month and forget about the temping as its just a waste of time until I get a basal thermometer.

If I don't get that BFP this month, I will get myself a basal thermometer and start a chart on FF :D .
Thanks for the advice and good luck ttc hun!

Kaylee
xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back