help need some advice *waters question* TMI ----updated----

BeckyJ

Reaction score
ok so ive just had a nice warm bubble bath and after i got out i felt a trickle of water/wee/not sure

i went to the loo shortly after and it was trickling out a little bit again, ive now put a pad on and can feel it slightly tricking now :doh:

is this normal? could it be my waters? i dont have any pains at the mo? i hav been fine all day just a bit uncomfy as baby was movin about

TMI :oops: before my bath i did have a poo, clear out, god i cant believe ive just typed that :oops:

would you leave the pad for a few hours and check?

sorry girlies it may be nothing but wanted to post as im not sure what to do

i would defo keep an eye on it becky :hug:

put a pad on and lie down for a while, if you're still leaking while lying down then it may be your waters.. if it's discharge or anything else it shouldn't pool up on the pad.

keep us updated :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Bless ya, i'm not sure what it could be

Try laying down for half hour or so and if its you waters then itl gush a little bit when you stand up (it'll pool when you're laying down).

It should also smell sweet and possibly have tiny white flecks in it
(though i'm not sure how close you want to get to it, lol)

If you're at all worried or doubtful give your midwife or delivery suite a call xxxxxx

when i lost fluid quite early with my second, it felt like trickling, so i put a pad on for a couple of hours and it was wet so i went to the hozzie and it was my waters leaking.
I'd leave your pad on for a few hours and if its wet and don't smell of wee wee then it may be your waters going. :hug: :hug: :hug:

cheers girlies i think i'll leave the pad on for a while and see how it goes

i feel ok in myself

as i was typing i had pains in my tummy and had to run to the loo and just had another massive clear out *sorry tmi :oops: *

i havnt got pains now so still not sure wat it is, i'll keep u all posted tho x

as far as i can remember if its wee then you can stop it by nipping/tenceing your muscles but you cant do it with your waters
does that make sence?

OHHHHH :D :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Could be a sign the sign youve been waiting for
sorry i missed this was eating dinner

texted you :D

oh am so :dance: for you if is a sign :cheer: :cheer:

keep us posted hun

im not sure what to do if im honest

im not in any pain

ive lay on the settee a bit and could feel it trickling a little, been to the loo and the pad is damp/wet but im not sure how much as those maternity pads are so thick and must absorb loads :think:

ok heres wat im gonna do, im pretty tired now but in no pain and bump is movin happily so im goin 2 put a new pad on and go 2 bed, if i wake and its wet i no summats up, if i wake to contractions i no summats up and either way im gonna need sleep if it is the start of something

so nite nite girls, i'll update u 2moro :sleep:

Some times you can loose a bit of water called the hinds water a little come out but not the full shabng that could account for lack of other symptoms :think: :think:

Im going to see what i can find out about it

as for the TMI poos :hug: dont worry about mentioning them ive been having them for 9 months :rotfl:

Night love have a good nights rest i will have my moblie stuck to my ear in bed :lol: just in case things kick off though the night
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hi,

Hope you're ok. I think I would be inclined to get it checked out or at least ring the mw if it doesn't stop. All the best. :hug:

Right i fianaly found some thing on Hind waters sorry tok me forever
not the IT queen in any repsect :rotfl:

If your hind waters leak this usually is a dribble as there is less fluid. If your fore waters break this is more commonly a gush. And the reason why your hind waters can 'seal' themselves must be that baby's head engages better in your pelvis sealing the leak. But either way your waters have broken.

What if my waters break?
Looking after yourself with broken waters

The bag of membranes or sac of waters (amniotic fluid) can rupture or break at any point before or during the labour process, even during the actual birth as the baby emerges. Your waters breaking is definitely a sign of prelabour and something your caregiver should be told.

Did you know?

There are two ways broken waters can present:

A slow trickle or leak
A big gush

A slow trickle or leak. The sac can have a small opening in it so that the amniotic fluid only trickles out slowly over several hours or days. The water generally dribbles away intermittently with movement from you or your baby (or with a contraction). The water can also come away as a slow leak if your baby's head is very engaged. This is because the baby's head is sitting snugly over the cervix, letting only small amounts of fluid drain away.

Women who experience a slow fluid leak often find it difficult to know whether the fluid coming away is either urine or amniotic fluid. One way to tell is to be aware that amniotic fluid generally continues to drain away, even after you have emptied your bladder. If you notice water coming away, go to the toilet and empty your bladder and then put on a pad and see if any more fluid comes away over the next couple of hours.

Sometimes the smell of the fluid can also help you know. Amniotic fluid does not smell acidic, like urine. The smell is somewhat odourless, or has an almond-like or alkaline/chlorine aroma. Some people liken the odour of amniotic fluid to the smell of male semen. This can make it more difficult to tell if you have just had intercourse.

A few women experience what is called a hind-water leak. This is where a small hole opens in the sac up behind the baby's head, closer to the baby's body. Hind-water leaks can continue as a slow dribble or leak, or stop after a while. The amniotic fluid may stop coming away because the two layers of membrane (in the sac) slip back over each other to reseal the hole. This is why some women notice a dribble of fluid and then getting nothing more for several days until the fore-waters (or the part of the sac in front of the baby's head) break with a larger gush.

Hope that is helpful!!!! i was intresting to read id got the gist of it from my ANti natal lady but this clarifys things much better :D
sarah :wave:

awwwwwwwwwww thanks for finding the info sarah

well b4 i went 2 bed last nite i changed my pad which was wet and put a new 1 on

just got up and the pad is slightly damp but no where near what it was like last nite

im thinking if it was my waters it would have been much wetter this mornin and i would have felt more which i havent so im putting it down to my hind waters as baby has been engaging more or just pregnancy niggles, i'll keep an eye on it tho

thanks for everyones help

Hi

that sounds like what I had when my waters went, except my contractions started a few hours later. One good tip is to wear the pad for a bit and then smell it, its :puke: i know. however if it smells like wee then thats that but if it smells like cum then its your waters :) sorry to be gross but it gets a whole lot grosser from here on in :lol:

thanks for the tip hun, its awkward cus its not like a gush so u arent sure are u :think:

im gonna go 4 a walk now and put a pad on and c how it is l8r

i still havnt had any pains so all good so far

ring your mw hun ta ask her xx
she will be able to advise you xx

Id repeat what Tangarinedream said about smelling the pads its mentions ding that in the info i found and it did say it is supposed to smell like sperm LOVELY!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It dose sound like you hind waters have gone it could stop all together and the hole heel up or it could lead on the you full waters breaking so keep a close eye

AND GET YOUR SELF ON THAT PHONE TO THE MID WIFE :shakehead: :hug:

Sarah :wave:

geordie lass said:
Id repeat what Tangarinedream said about smelling the pads its mentions ding that in the info i found and it did say it is supposed to smell like sperm LOVELY!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It does :puke: .

When my waters went they didn't go in a gush but pads got soaked through every time I stood up. I'd definitely recommend getting checked out as they can tell right away if it's waters, hind waters or pee pee! :lol:

Good luck hun!

aww becky, hope you managed to get a good sleep just incase things kick off today :wink:

if you are worried, as the ladies said - i think the midwives have a test they can do to check if it is waters :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back