Help !! is everything ok?

Kelly

Reaction score
Ive just found out im pregnant (nearly 5 weeks).. ive had period pains and lower back ache since my period was due(about a week ago) and light brown discharge for the last 2 days. I spoke to NHS and they told me id deffinately had a miscarriage and to go and see my doctor... well, not to put to fine a point on it the doctor told me this was all normal and to wait to till my next period

Can someone tell me if it is normal, as its my first pregnancy and im really scared and confused with all the conficting info

I had a m/c last year when I was 7wks pg. I too went to the doctor and they said that a redish/brownish dicharge was completely normal. The books say that it is usually the uterus getting rid of any excess lining that it doesn't need! They do however say that just a colouration is fine, but blood is a sign seek further medical advice,because unfortunately it is a sign of m/c.

If you are still worried go back to the dr's and ask them to make an appointment for you at the hospital for anearly scan, and they will be able to check everything is all ok.

I hope everything is ok.

im too just over 5weeks pregnanct and also have backache and stomach cramps and brownish blood only when i have a wee and wipe, doc told me to have bed rest but my partner took me to A&E cause stomach cramps were that bad i had a scan today but said it was too ealy think they can see signs of an early pregnancy but unsure anyway my point is ask them to take your blood and see if hormone level is rising (which means you are still pregnant) thats what the early pregnancy unit is doing with me i after go back tom for 2nd lot to see if (A) rising, (B) staying the same which is a sign of ectopic or (C) lowering which is a sign of miscarriage. anyway hope you r ok

Hi Kelly

try not to worry. Have you done another pregnancy test to check your hormone levels? It may be worth going back to your doctor on this one and asking for a test at the surgery. The bleeding/staining may just be implantation bledding which happens sometimes when the pregnancy is established.

Take care, and keep in touch.

Lynn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back