Help - I want to learn to knit!

aww those cardigans look adorable :)

I will see if I can manage a blanket then Ill let myself move onto more exciting things like cardigans :D

I've got as far as the slip knot and casting on - go me!

Can't actually start the knit stitch though, a bit complicated for my baby brain - I will perservere though!

x

Got my mag today cant wait to giv it a go im going to sit with ittomorrow I think I will let ya all know how I got on wish me look haha x

c1238434-a94b-ffaa.jpg

This is my attempt today :D

I'm going to pick up the mag tomorrow.

I have got as far as knitting a very plain knit blanket with no holes but it doesn't look good :(
I'd love to be able to knit properly :D

Its not too bad i couldnt do it with how the magazine was telling me so my mom taught me the basics lol we have a few holes but i'm getting there :D x

Oh my god I have been trying for hours....every time I get to the second row it all goes pear shaped lol
I'm about ready to kill someone lol

i think there has been a increase in sale's due to pregnant women..lol i went out and bought my mag today, so we will see how it goes..lol :) xx

I forgot all about getting mine yesterday.

Popping to asda today so will hopefully have mine tonight! :yay:

I did my first bit of knitting today, I work in daycare with the the elderly and one of the old woman taught me lol :)

I've got as far as the slip knot and casting on - go me!

Can't actually start the knit stitch though, a bit complicated for my baby brain - I will perservere though!

x

im the same jen, can do the slip knot and casting on but havent actually been able to do the knit stitch..:wall2: i think im doing it too tight! argh i will keep at it though.. and I WILL have a blanket for my baby by the time they are born :)

Keep going all of you! I love knitting. Started about 2 years ago with a very wobbly scarf full of holes LOL.
If you can knit the basic knit stitch I've got a pattern for a gorgeous little hoodie jacket - you only need to be able to do knit stitch to make it. I made one for my sister when she was expecting and was so proud when my niece wore it.

Is the basic knit stitch a garter stitch? When I got shown, all she said was that it was a garter stitch :eh:

Garter stitch when you knit all the rows instead of kniting one row and purling the other. Can look really nice though without having to add in lots of fancy stitches.

Yay.. i can do it! with the help of my lovely nan!! now to go on to the actual wool in going to use! didnt start off so well but got there in the end! :)

35hoho2.jpg

I ordered pom pom wool, needles from ebay last week and decided to knit a blanket! Im total numpty at knitting had to you tube cast on! I did like 10 rows until it started looking neat so I started again yesterday and Ive finished all 3 balls already! I think Im gonna need 2 more to complete. This wool knots lovely blankets for mosesbasket and pram. Looks great and sooo soft. If I can do it, anyone can. The wool is fiddly though as have to knit 2 stitches between pom poms. Ill take a pic of it tomorrow and post! Good luck girls

Sounds graet Tracey :) can't wait to see the pics!

I think I'm becoming old before my time, between scrapbooking and knitting and I'm only 18! :rofl:

xxx

well done girls :) there is nothing better than actually making something for your baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back