Help - I want to learn to knit!

Damn, I forgot to take piccy this morning - I'll go home at lunchtime and then post this afternoon. Its just garter stictch like you all are doing, nothing fancy but the results look amazing! For a small blanket I cast on 36 stitches but I'm fair going through the wool....

I'm looking forward to seeing a pic.
What number needles are you using?

My 'adopted' sister is due in a 8 weeks and I want something very special.

I used 5mm needles but to be honest I really struggled to cast on as I had to cast on 2 stitches in between each pom pom and no matter how hard I tried I just could not do it. In the end I just cast on 1 stitch in between each pom pom but when it came to actual knitting it was easy to do two. I have now went to charity shop accross road and got some 4mm needles for my next blanket to see if easier - they only cost 50p! :dance:

Attachments

• DSC_0631.jpg
    DSC_0631.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 8
god your knitting with the hardest wool lol looks good i hate 5mm needles too i find 4mm and 3 1/4 much easier

I keep cuddling the blanket - its soooo soft lol. I've now ordered more wool to finish this blanket and next one going to be cream - nice and plain for a boy or girl.... I think I'm addicted!! I started that on Saturday night and then did some more last night - the wool was finished before I knew it!

I think I'm becoming old before my time, between scrapbooking and knitting and I'm only 18! :rofl:

xxx

This made me laugh as im 22 and i go to bingo every thursday night, and now i knit!!! :rofl: we will be old before our time together!

Oh I'm getting the hang of it :)

I went out today and got some thicker wool and chunky needles and have already done 2 squares for my blanket, I'm loving it and think it looks really good :) very pleased

here we go some photos of my work so far :)

I am working away on my blanket
knit3.jpg

have now done a couple more squares for it, and more wool should arrive today or tomorow :)

I thought the dog was a bit left out in all the baby things going on....so I made her something too
knit2.jpg

knit1.jpg

Im loving it at the mo, chunky wool is definetly the way to go lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111