Help - I want to learn to knit!

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
I know some of you ladies are knitting queens so if anyone can offer any hints/tips Youtube clips etc as I am an absolute beginner and have got as far as "Knitting for Dummies" that hubby got me!

Cheers x

Ooh there's a new knitting mag out this week, I saw it advertised on telly. Think I might get it for a tester as it's cheap and you get all the gear you need to start (just wool and needles I suppose!)

Ooh there's a new knitting mag out this week, I saw it advertised on telly. Think I might get it for a tester as it's cheap and you get all the gear you need to start (just wool and needles I suppose!)

I was planning to try that too after a few failed attempts at knitting :( I hope its good :dance:

Im off round my nans on saturday for a knitting lesson! she has showed me before so just a refresher :) i only told her last week that i wanted to start and she has gone out and bought me all the supplies i need! bless her :)

Im getting those new mags aswel hope there good we can all be knitting buddys n help eachother out iv allways wanted to knit love it x

does any one know what that magazine is called?

oh I have been wanting to give knitting a go for a while now.

My nan taught me when I was young but I cant remember it at all lol
I have a book (for kids) that I thought I might try as its all explained super simply

I am now inspired to go out and get some supplies to give it a go, we can have ourselves a knitting club

the art of knitting its called 1st 1 is only 99p i seen them in asdas yesterday :) happy knitting :)

Fab! Thanks all. We should def get it and have a little beginners knitting club! I'll nip out and get it today - I'm excited!
X

I got the magazine yesterday and plan on having a go today I'm so excited! X

I love knitting. I started with a Debbie bliss book for beginner baby knits alongside various YouTube clips and now I knit loads

I'm gonna look for this mag tho too x

I am going to get the mag today :) My mam tried to teach me to knit when I was younger but I was so bad she lost patience with me! lol! Hoping I do better on my own :dance:

ha ha I just told my mum Im going to give it a go.......she didnt look convinced lol

ha ha I just told my mum Im going to give it a go.......she didnt look convinced lol

lol aww its easy once you know tha basics the rest is easy to learn :)

im knitting a cardi and matching shoes at the min

lol aww its easy once you know tha basics the rest is easy to learn :)

im knitting a cardi and matching shoes at the min

well im quite a crafty person anyway so Im always giving new things a try, going to get some needles and wool in the morning and see if I can get the hang of it :)

If I can do it then I would like to make a blanket I think (I can see it in my mind already lol)

a blanket is a good start i started with a patchwork blanket was real easy i love sirdar patterns and wool at the min

1917_col.jpg

this is the 1 im doing but with long sleeves
1866_col.jpg

1763_col.jpg

im making all my girls 1 of these

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members