Help! He won't go to sleep!

Rayoflight

Reaction score
I'm tearing my hair out. For the last 4 hours I've been trying to get my child to sleep. He is having none of it. Bright as a button.

I think it's the warm weather that's unsettling him. He's having a mini rave next to me on the sofa here.

Anyone any tips?

I'd love to give u tips but mines the same! First night he's point blank refused to sleep!! Unimpressed!!! :-|

Aww Im sorry I cant think of anything. I put Paige in her cot and will leave the room and come back in every so often and lay her down when shes excited. I go in and she'll be stood in her cot having a little dance but eventually she understands.

Has he had a bath etc? I dosed Paige up with lavender oil in her bath and then lavender moisturiser the other night and she was so chilled it was lush. I even left the bath water in the bath so the whole upstairs smelt lovely :)

Yeah he's had a bath, massage, 3 feeds! It's so warm in our house anyway but tonight it's minging!

Sorry to hear it's not just me suffering.

Oh you poor women! Are they nakie? Windows open? x

I do the same. I just put Isla down at the same time, she either plays for a bit or watches her mobile.

Hope they sleep for you soon guys xx

I have no idea, we had no routine at all :oooo: I hope Blake behaves soon and you get some sleep.. Enjoy him having the rave beside you, a few years down the line you won't be able to sleep because he will be raving without you ;) xx

Could you invest in a fan for him? We got josh one yesterday with a timer thing....... Was wonderful but that's moreso I hate leaving windows open overnight... X

Islas room was 25 degrees last night! I opened all her windows then next door decided at 8pm to mow their lawn!!!! Grrr. She still slept in that heat with her windows closed, which surprised me.

Hope Blake finally went to sleep for you. Xxx

Oscar didn't sleep well last night, thankfully OH was up with him though. They were watching toy story at like 1am or something lol

Has Blake started sleeping better?

Devon won't sleep very well when hot, if it's any conselation, he will rarly have more than 10 mins sleep in the day, except for odd days where he will get a 45 min one in, but it's so random, it's silly to start something eg cooking, cleaning etc unless you know youve got long enougth to do it!

Nope, he's still not going down until about 9pm (previously always been in bed by 7) then he is awake every 3 hours if not sooner. I am exhausted. And fed up.

Set my alarm early yesterday to strip the beds and get them washed and dried in the day. Was lovely getting into fresh clean covers late last night. Was not lovely stripping them off again at 3am after he had been sick on them. Could cry. Hang on, I DID cry. Sobbed like a kid with my knees drawn up tight in the corner of the bedroom! Jeez I need some bloody sleep!

Oh hon..hugs...same here. Elliot waking 3 or 4 times a night wanting a breastfeed so am shattered here. I on't like letting him cry (too soft probably) and I am at the end of my tether too so can totally sympathise...just wish I could offer some advice x x x

Could be a growth spurt?? Is it possible to get a fan for his rrom and put it ona timer over night if heats the problem?!? Could it be hunger?? I know you're bfeeding and this might sound STUPID could u not try and up his feed?? Is he teething and maybe some teething sachets or calpol?? What does he want when he wakes?? X

I empathise completely. Oscar has always woke in the for feeding so I'm used to broken sleep buuut he's now waking 10 mins after falling back to sleep kicking and throwing his arms around and blowing raspberries. We co-sleep but tonight he's going in ther cot. I miss sleep so bad :hugs:

Oh poor you, hope you get some rest soon. Sorry I don't have any advice, thought I was on a roll with G but yesterday eve his nose started streaming :( So we didn't have a good night.

Could it be his teeth Gem? Odhrán always acted up when some teeth were on the way. Do you give him any medicine or teething gel x

He's not in pain - he's wide awake, happy and wants to play.

I feed him but half the time he just giggles at me. This spell of waking is so different to previous bad weeks. I just wonder if it's because he's started on solids?

The thing that drives me mad more is the fact he isn't going down, I'm currently sat in the park with him in the pram. He had his 6pm feed as normal, fell asleep, I leave him the essential 20/30 mins before attempting to move him and as soon as his head hits the cot mattress his eyes open and he laughs. He is a mini Chuckie I tell you!

This is all co-inciding with me starting my sideline job so I'm losing 3hrs in the evening, trying to settle him, and then I'm up working until 1am. I'm just exhausted!

Does anyone have a light show in their nursery? Do they help them settle? I'm thinking that might help, maybe a remote control one I could try during him waking at night?

amelia was like this when i started wening her and my midwife friend said al her kids had broken there sleep patterns for the worse when she weaned them hopefully he will settle down for you x

When does he have his last nap? Maybe try to get him to nap a little earlier so he's abit more tired before bed.
We've got a nightshow, charley does love his. I don't know if it helps or not, I haven't tried putting him to bed without using it yet x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back