why won't he sleep

samanthajayne

Reaction score
rhys is almost 19 months old now and he used to be a very good sleeper he'd be put into his cot with his favourite cartoon on enjoy talking to him self and messing about a bit then fall asleep no problems whatsoever. just lately he has become a monster. he just will NOT go to sleep. its getting to be ridiculous times now at night its any time between 11pm and 2am now before he falls asleep. he will cry throw out his blankets and throw out his dummy and even rip off his baby grow. i have resorted a few times to putting him in my bed he runs up and down the bed looks out of the window a few times before finally crashing out then i move him back to his cot but even that doesn't seem to be working now. what on earth could be wrong ?? i have not got a clue. i have tried cutting out certain foods even his vitamin drops in his milk in the morning but it doesn't seem to be any of those things. its midnight now and he is still awake and just started to cry so i'll be having to go up do the usual checks of checking his nappy making sure he is warm making sure he isn't thirsty even though i know none of that is the problem. he can be so tired before bedtime and drag me upstairs to go to bed but then he comes to life and refuses to go to sleep. oh my god please help me what could be the problem ???

Last edited:
Hi, sorry you're having a rough time :(

My son started going back on a good sleep routine at this age, I found I had to eliminate all naps and it worked :)

thanks for your reply yes considering stopping all naps he hasn't had a proper nap in his cot for a long time now but he goes to sleep in the car when we go shopping etc :(

it must have been 2am before he went to sleep last night and its almost 11am and he is still asleep :(

Sorry no advice, just :hug:
Hope his sleeping gets better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back