Help! Bleeding and foul smell after birth ( sorry TMI)

MissSara

Reaction score
First of all i am sorry but i have to ask your advice, i darn't ask anyone else, i'm to :oops:

My bleeding has been very light since having Benjamin and now its almost come to a end, just pinkish brown colour but it has a foul smell to it (TMI) i'm sure this isn't normal, but i wanted to make sure before i go and see the doctor and end up looking a fool.
Its kinda embarrassing and makin me feel unclean, i feel like i have to get in the bath constantly.

HELP....... has anyone else had this or know if its normal or not?????
Could it be an infection???

I have googled it and seem to come up with nothing that mentions the foul smell, just the bleeding ( which seems normal )

I think I might have had this too.....my bleeding stopped a couple of days ago, its now the really light (tmi) creamy stuff.

it does have a certain "smell" :oops: but I just thought thats what it smells like?im not in any much pain anymore, and think once im back to normal, ill feel SO much cleaner and better in general!

if you're concerned tho, I'd suggest it to HV or the doc :hug:

Erm why does not one mention the word 'lochia'? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lochia

This has more info http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/youaft ... th/lochia/

It seems to be totally unmentioned in any pre labour blurb. And afterwards people always seem to refer to bleeding and thats it. Stuff has a name :lol: :roll:

I found mine an unpleasant smell, asked my MW if it was normal and she said yes. That it smells different is normal my MW told me. Your womb has been closed up for 9 months and so all the contents clearing out after giving birth will smell when making contact with the air.

Sherlock said:
It seems to be totally unmentioned in any pre labour blurb. And afterwards people always seem to refer to bleeding and thats it. Stuff has a name :lol: :roll:

I found mine an unpleasant smell

Totally agree non-one mentions it :shakehead: - was getting very worried before I checked on net :think: .. I was feeling like a right idiot, esp. after C section..thinking no baby/stuff came out from "there" so why the smell/discharge etc. :doh:

Thank god for forums like this...make us feel normal.

:cheer:

:eek: I am so surprised that i have had 2 babies now and never even knew any of this.
It has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders just reading that and hearing that you ladies have also experianced the same things, i was worrying over it sooooo much.

I am going to wait a week or two and see how i feel then, if the smell ( sorry ) is still there or gets worse then i will go to the doctors and get an infection ruled out. But reading your replies i think all seems normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back