Help and advice for something so embrassing and not nice!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Blondelove, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Blondelove

Blondelove New Member

Hey all,

I am currently 37+4 with my second child. 5 days ago I noticed some thick discharge whilst I was checking my own cervix (midwife said its possible and then I read online). I ignored it as I had just had my midwife appnt and nothing had shown up in my urine.

However on Friday I rang the doctor and said I suspected I had an internal yesast infection and she prescribed caneston a lower dose pessary over 3 days rather than one harsh one. I have been checking cervix again as it feels 2cm open (however could jus be the outside as its my second child). Anyway, took the last pessary last night and when I checked just now I was horrified at the amount again! The discharge is usually white or light green and super thick like cottage cheese or mushed up toilet paper. When I checked just now but inserting my finger- the amount of discharge was awful it covered my fingers and honestly all the walls of my vagina were smothered !!!!

However .... It doesn't smell, and I have absolutely no other symptoms. No burning no Pain no anything. If it wasn't for checking I would not have known I had all of this loads of discharge as it doesn't come out on a pad or knickers it's far too thick! However I'm glad I did because my gosh I don't want some poor midwife to look up my bits and have to see that.

Anyway.... As I've finished my last one and still have this- can anyone let me know if they've had similar and if it's definitely thrush? After my last one, this morning I literally had so much again and then was thinking as I have pretty much scooped so much out I thought that'll be it gone but then this is just now (5pm) and so much more again!!! I've attached some pictures...... Tmi I know.... Sorry!!! It's whitey coloured now as opposed to lighter green which is good but this is just a tiny bit of what I got off my fingers.... Sorry!!!

Help!

Attached Files:

2. Tillyfloss

Tillyfloss Well-Known Member

My plug came out In dribs and drabs and was similar to this I had to wear a liner for a few weeks, if you had to "look" for it and your having no other symptoms I'd say it's probably your plug as well? Or it could b the pessary mushed up??

3. BlondeP

BlondeP Well-Known Member

Hi that's just the pesserary. The doctor/midwife should of warned you that as it passes out of you it looks like a mushy chalk like substance :) mine was exactly like that but I will warn you it happened for a couple days :) nothin. To worry about though! Xxxxx

4. Willow16

Willow16 Well-Known Member

I think it might be mix of pessary and mucus plug also. However we are not medical experts so best to get checked out xx

5. tinselcat

tinselcat Well-Known Member

I've just had a canesten pessary in over the last couple of days and having loads of discharge is common.

I'd be more concerned about the colour (e.g. mine - which I think is thrush - has come out white/yellowish) - as the internet says "The usual symptoms of BV are yellow or green vaginal discharge, burning, and a fishy odor." - so think it's worth calling the Dr / midwife and getting a further check. xx