has any one had this ?

mrz85

Reaction score
I am 8wks and 2 days, on thursday when I went to the bathroom I had brown discharge it cleared by friday spoke 2 my midwife about it she said if it happend again speack with my gp any way yesterday was a tiny spot of brown then nothing it comes and goes just got back from gp and he says it normal and it does happen in first trimester he said it s not a bleed as such .my midwife said i had a uti on friday but my gp just tested and it was clear any input wud be good :)

Sounds a bit confusing.

Bleeding in the first trimester can be quite common. They say that some ladies bleed around the time they would of had their period, as their body adjusts to the pregnancy.
If your midwife said that everything is OK after the bleed - then she's probably right, so try not to worry too much about it. You should worry if the bleeding is accompanied with pains aswell.

Not sure about the UTI, they're very common in pregnancy so nothing to worry about. Easily cleared up with antibiotics. Drink cranberry juice :thumbup:

yes it is confusing :-( gp said it s normal but I am stil worrid

If you haven't had any pain with it, then it's probably nothing to worry about. I know it makes you panic when you see blood, but your GP is right, it can be very normal during the first trimester.
If it carries on, then go back and tell them it keeps happening.

Have you got your 12 week scan date through yet? Even though it's a 4 week wait, that will give you some reassurance :)

If you haven't had any pain with it, then it's probably nothing to worry about. I know it makes you panic when you see blood, but your GP is right, it can be very normal during the first trimester.
If it carries on, then go back and tell them it keeps happening.

Have you got your 12 week scan date through yet? Even though it's a 4 week wait, that will give you some reassurance :)
no I am waiting for that 2 come when I seen my midwife on friday she said she booked me in way to early at almost 8 weeks ..hope I dont have 2 wait 2 long

Try not to worry, bleeding can be common in The first tri, plus if it,s brown that's good, coz brown blood is old blood, when it,s red and heavy you should be worried xx

Try not to worry, bleeding can be common in The first tri, plus if it,s brown that's good, coz brown blood is old blood, when it,s red and heavy you should be worried xx
thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back