Hello Again! And baby's position

helsbels

Reaction score
Hey guys long time no see!

Have not been able to get on the net recently as moved house and did not have the internet till recently. I hope everyone is OK and congrats to all those who have had their LO's :dance: :clap: Wish I couldve spent more time on here as its such a lovely community and its amazing how many have been born since I was last here!

Things have been pretty crazy recently and I have no idea how I manage to keep on working what with spd and exhaustion but hey!

Have a quick question, at 28 weeks my LO was transverse lie and at 31 weeks because I have a big sugery scar down my middle the midwife was unable to tell which way the baby was lying. I have a feeling though that it is head up as the bottom of my bump is all squishy and the top is always really hard and I often feel a really hard lump which I assume is the head? Now I am nearly 34 weeks I am getting concerned that it will never move round as this is always how my bump has been. Is there still time? I have this wierd feeling that I will end up with a c section. Does anyone have any tips on how to tell which way he/she is lying? Also anyone with a surgical scar (mine is from the my bra to below my belly button) and had any problems with telling the positioning etc?

Many thanks and :hug: to all
Helsx

Hiya :wave:

Not really much to say, however I often, right at this moment in fact (!!) have a hard lump about 3" above my belly button and it's actually LO's bum-she's 2/5ths engaged and definately head down! So it doesn't neccessarily mean it's a head!

I don't know much about turning etc but thought I'd let you know what my 'hard lump' is :lol:

Welcome back, congratulations on the house move and I look forwards to reading more of your posts in the future xxx

Hope you are all settled in your new home :D

I know the midwife didn't even start to try and work out the position until 36 weeks on me. I don't think they worry too much until 38/39 weeks as there is plenty of time to flip the right way.

I've always found the hardest bit of my LO is his bum :lol: I think the head is likely to be a bit squishier than the bum because of the fontanelles but don't quote me on that! When the midwife has a feel of my belly she always says that the smooth lump side is the bum and back and the knobbly side is the feet and knees.

I'm sure they'll pull you in for a position scan if they have problem determining the position because of your scar. Then you'll have plenty of time to get bouncing on your birthing ball to help shift LO :D

I can usally tell where she is by where I get her kicks from, she has been head down almost all the way through but MW always struggles to tell if its a head or bum at the top/bottom but all my scans (Ive been having 4 weekley) show her head down and confims my instinct regarding feeling the kicks.

None of this matter however as LO can and will move around until birth in some cases and this is very normal so dont get too worried where yours is, the hospital will do the relevent checks when needed to ensure you have a safe birth

Hiya :wave:

Not really much to say, however I often, right at this moment in fact (!!) have a hard lump about 3" above my belly button and it's actually LO's bum-she's 2/5ths engaged and definately head down! So it doesn't neccessarily mean it's a head!

I don't know much about turning etc but thought I'd let you know what my 'hard lump' is :lol:

Welcome back, congratulations on the house move and I look forwards to reading more of your posts in the future xxx

Hope you are all settled in your new home :D

I know the midwife didn't even start to try and work out the position until 36 weeks on me. I don't think they worry too much until 38/39 weeks as there is plenty of time to flip the right way.

I've always found the hardest bit of my LO is his bum :lol: I think the head is likely to be a bit squishier than the bum because of the fontanelles but don't quote me on that! When the midwife has a feel of my belly she always says that the smooth lump side is the bum and back and the knobbly side is the feet and knees.

I'm sure they'll pull you in for a position scan if they have problem determining the position because of your scar. Then you'll have plenty of time to get bouncing on your birthing ball to help shift LO :D

I can usally tell where she is by where I get her kicks from, she has been head down almost all the way through but MW always struggles to tell if its a head or bum at the top/bottom but all my scans (Ive been having 4 weekley) show her head down and confims my instinct regarding feeling the kicks.

None of this matter however as LO can and will move around until birth in some cases and this is very normal so dont get too worried where yours is, the hospital will do the relevent checks when needed to ensure you have a safe birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back