Baby's Position?

dannii87

Reaction score
NickyB said:
_katie-belly-rose-wroa.web.jpg

NickyB posted this pic in another thread - Out of interest I just checked what Evie's position was at my appt on Tuesday, and it was OP :doh:

So... She is STILL back to back!! :( AND, the MW did tell me her legs were straddled like a frog and that her arms felt as though they were up by her head *GULP*

If she does engage, can she engage with her arms either side of her head? Making it that I have to give birth to a head AND arms?! If so, I'm having a bloody epi :rotfl:

I'll have a vagina like a wizard's sleeve after all this :wall:

Ohh :( My midwife hasn't recorded it anywhere :( From what she said I reckon it'll be ROA or OA though as his bump is towards the front but right a bit and he is head down.

Which one is the optimum launch position?

I just hope i don't look like that woman in the drawing after birth :rotfl:

ROA / LOA are the best (that's what my MW said anyway) but I think that's because they are the most common positions and easier to deliver (most women have either of those).

Haha!! Tell me about it Sharne! :lol:

I think she looks a bit too smug - lol.

I think judging on the pain in my side, we're ROA. I hope so if it's one of the preferred.

:rotfl: @ wizard's sleeve!!! hahahaha - thanks mate you just made me laugh :hug: i've had a face like a slapped arse all afternoon - cheers for the giggle LOL!

I believe from last MW appointment on Tuesday we are ROA. His head isnt engaged yet but MW said it should be happening soon.

Is it good to be ROA???? Is he likely to shift now??? :think:

analiza said:
Is it good to be ROA???? Is he likely to shift now??? :think:
Hell yeah!! :wall: They can move alright lol. Evie's been every which way! Even up until Tuesday! (I was 39+4).. ROA/LOA is the usual position - sometimes seen as the "best" position, most babies get into it at some point, some turn round but then go back into it at labour etc...

One thing I've learned - Baby's position means sweet FA! :lol: Evie has been ROA, LOA, OP, my God - All of them I reckon! lol.

Oh and don't worry about the engagement :hug: - Evie's still not engaged and she's due in 1 hours and 20 minutes! lol xx

Ani was OP, possibly due to the fact that they had to provoke the birth early as I had obstetric cholestasis....but it was fine. I dilated well, but had trouble with actual delivery. They called a fantastic female doctor (she was pretty too!) and she was great. She said that she was sorry to make me a "little uncomfortable", and she turned her over in my womb. It didnt hurt at all...it felt a bit wierd, but was painless. After that Ani came along easily in about ten mins!!!

Just dont worry about it...everything will be fine :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back