Height of uterus

pinkgal

Reaction score
Hi there,
Had my 28 week appt yesterday and the height of my uterus is 27cm. I read that it should be about the same in cms as you are weeks. Do you think it's ok to be 1cm off and does it depend on the baby's positioning etc? I am still not convinced I am 28 weeks as when I went for my 12 weeks scan, according to my last period, I should have been 11 weeks + 4, but the baby measured 12 weeks + 4 (taking me back to 1 week before my last period), so I must have ovulated very soon after my period. My original due date was 9th Jan (thus I would be 27 weeks now) but they moved it to 2nd Jan as per my scan. All other measurements have been accurate for the weeks they say I am though on my scans. Anyway, just wondered if anyone else had had a slightly different uterus measurement than their weeks?

Thank U!

Hi

I always measured small when I was carrying my daughter, weeks smaller than my actual dates, but the scans always measured me spot on. I wouldn't worry, all babies grow at their own rate, some are small, some are big. :)

i wouldnt worry about 1cm hun its only if your more than 2cms out that they may ask you to go for a growth scan at about 34 weeks to check xxxxx

My midwife said they allow you 3cm each way i am border line at the mo will find out if i need a growth scan at my next apt in 3 weeks time

I dont think its an exact science, will depend alot on what way bubs is lying and where your midwife measures to

I measured 1cm out one time and the next time, I was spot on again. I really wouldn't worry about it xx

Well at my midwife check on wednesday i was measuring 36cm and was just a day off 38 weeks.. but at the growth scan a few weeks ago bubs was measuring slightly above the average line on everything. Midwife said on wednesday that my baby felt like a good normal sized baby so i shall stop babblin on and get to my point ... don't worry about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back