fundal height??

sazzylou

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you know your fundal height?

I saw the midwife today (28+1) and mine was 26cm...the MW asked how big Beth had been and said "aah, thats ok, you didnt want a big baby anyway did you?".....

I didnt think anything of it at the time, but now im thinking, is my baby too small? MW said theres nowt to worry about but still....i get the preggy paranoia, lol.

Just looked at my notes and i was 25cm cm 3 weeks ago, so im only 1cm bigger :shock: Oh well, MW wouldve said something if it was anything to worry about i suppose....... :think:

fundal heights arent very accurate, i wouldnt worry hunni.

they dont take into account if your skinny or larger. one of my midwife does it sooo quick she cant possibly feel for where my pelvis bone is, she just does it over my clothes. the other spends ages really feeling for bone and top of bump :eek: i never take notice of fundal heights any more, last pregnancy i was always measuring alot bigger and they said i was going to have a huge baby but i did put on 5 stone :think:

Last week at 27 + 4 i measured 26 and my MW made a really big deal of it and freaked me out. But after i looked through my last measurement at 25 weeks it measured 24. I've tried not to take any notice what she said he's measured OK at the scans so i don;t think they are that accurate.

ah, cheers ladies :D
Like i said , my MW was fine with it and didnt seem concerned at all, but im an awful worrier when im pregnant, lol.

I found a thing on the internet that said
The tape measurements (in centimetres) should equal the number of weeks that you are pregnant within 2 centimetres.

So if thats true , then im ok, lol, just thought i wouldve grown more than 1cm in 3 weeks :think:

Don't worry its all voodoo..

I got measured last week and was 33cm.. and was 39weeks pregnant.. I knew the baby was ok because I'd had a scan the week before that showing that little miss is on the "biggish" size... so your fundal height really has no representation of your baby's true size.. I think it just give mw's something to do to make it look like they actually do something :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Don't worry too much about fundal height - at 32 weeks I was measuring 36 or something like that so they sent me to the hospital for a scan to check the baby's growth or the reasons why I was measuring big for my dates (lots of fluid, position of baby etc) and it was perfectly normal.

mines measuring 31 at 31 weeks, but on other weeks it's behind.

I've always been +2cm at my appts but she asks me "is that on your bone" and I say yes. I have no flippin idea! LMAO. I wouldn't worry about it at all!

Fundal height measurements seem like the dodgiest thing ever - a woman I work with just became a granny and her daughter was measuring right for her dates - but when her little boy was born only a couple of weeks early he was very small - only 4lb something! And noone had picked up on this before the birth.
He is fine incidently but it shows how sketchy the whole thing is! I reckon Squiglets right, just makes them look busy!!!

I was always accurate but don't worry about the fundal height as many women are measuring bigger or smaller. It's perfectly normal as it's all down to the position your baby is lying in at the time, your build and time of day. (I was alway much bigger at night). xxx

thanks everyone, im such a worrier, its lovely to come on here and get your advice and experiences! :hug: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back