Heaviness in abdomen at 4 weeks

mags

Reaction score
This is my first post in First Tri--I'm so excited! :cheer: I know a lot of us from the TTC board got our BFPs within a couple weeks of eachother, so it's to you ladies that this question is mainly directed. Are any of you feeling a sort of heaviness and tenderness (hard to describe) in your abdomen/pelvis? It's something I'm very aware of though it's not painful. It's almost like the feelings you get a day or so before AF rears it's ugly head.. I have a good feeling about this pregnancy and all my other signs are good, this was just the one worrying me a bit. I've had it for about 4 days now, on and off throughout the day. I read that it can be a symptom of early pregnancy as the uterus is already growing....still doesn't quite put my mind to rest though.

Hi Mags,

Yeah i got that for about a week on and off and still been getting it now and again, like AF is just about to arrive but she never has YEY! Im sure its normal and just your body getting ready for bubba to get snuggled chick!

x x x x

I have been having something like that- not like cramps but just 'aware' down there.

It almost feels like I might have cystitis but I don't IYKWIM?

congrats by the way :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I've been more aware of the heaviness today than ever before. Feeling bloated on and off. Feeling slightly uncomfortable in my hips and lower back too. Everytime I go to the bathroom, I expect to find blood when I wipe. :? Went out and bought a cheapie test and the line was really bold, which did reassure me, but this is driving me nuts! Please don't think I'm complaining--I'm SO HAPPY to be pregnant, I'm just so concerned.

Going to see my GP on Monday and am hoping she can arrange an early scan for me.

Ive had exactly the same and been worrying too hun, ive done a test today and the line is bolder than the indicator line so all is good. Try not to worry as alot of women have slight pain etc x

I had this with both my pregnancies and my doctor said it was my cervix stretching ready for all the growing it will need to do.

Thanks, ladies. It's actually got a lot better today, I'm so pleased. I think trapped wind may have some part to play as well because this morning when I let out a big FART :lol: I felt so much better! I've been constipated badly and this was my first fart in a long time, ha ha ha!

Yeah ive been constipated bad hun, it aint nice is it :( how are you feeling other than that? x

I've given up my 10 ciggie a day habit (cigarettes help you move your bowels in the morning, don't know why!) cold turkey, so I'm doubly clogged up :x This is day 3 though, no cigs at all and I know I can do this. Whenever I crave one (especially after meals) I tell myself it's for my little one. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good! It's slowly sinking in and I am constantly touching my tummy and marvelling at the fact that WE DID IT! :cheer: I'm sure you feel the same! Just wondering, how are everyone elses symptoms? I'm getting occasionally sore boobs, but haven't noticed much of a change in CM. No sickness or cravings yet!

I have had an xs wind problem too- OH has been horrified! :oops:

Congrats on giving up smoking :hug:

Hiya, I know how you feel too. I had a m/c about 2.5 years ago with a previous partner. I have just found I'm nearly 6 weeks pregnant and I'm getting aches and pains a bit like period pains. I keep expecting to see blood when I go to the loo but fingers crossed things are going well.
I have had really bad farts over the last week or so!! He He, good luck with your pregnancy xx :D

i had the same feeling for about a week when i was i think 5 or 6 weeks pregnant, i was so worried that i went to the emergencies but they said i was fine, that it was due to the stretching etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back